Weeks Go By Like Days

"So officially divorced huh?" Kam looks at Quinn as the three of us watch the kids play.
"Yeah I mean I've been divorced for awhile, the paper just makes it feel real."
"I'm sure Tommy's helping you out with that too, how's that going by the way?" I ask looking at her.
"Good! I'm still getting used to living with two males though. Although Jack is one of the most respectable kids I've ever met." Quinn explains.
"Jack is a sweetheart. I can't believe he's a senior this year." I frown.
"Atleast he will have Tommy's mom when he goes to college in New York." Kam sighs with a smile.
"So what about you and Clay? He comes home today right?" Quinn changes the subject with a smirk.
"Yeah. I'm super excited. We've texted and stuff but I'm nervous to see him." I admit as I wave at Kayson.
"Well make sure you're shaved. The kids are staying with me so you can get laid."
Kameron grins widely as I slap at him.
"Kameron!"

Taking a deep breath I knocked on Clays door before he answered with a smile.
"Hey you."
"Hey back."
"Well come in."
Clay leads me to the couch and hands me a glass of wine.
"Want to know a secret?" I look at the blonde with a smile.
"Huh?"
"I'm kind of nervous." I admit with a giggle.
"Why?"
"I don't know. Because... 'cause I haven't seen you, and... You give me butterflies... there. I said it!" I throw my hands up in defeat.

"I was nervous, too." He says and pats my hand.
"Really
"Yeah. After that whole public declaration about falling insanely in love with you?" Clay gives me a smile before inching closer.
"Great line, by the way."
"Really? I was afraid that might have freaked you out."

"No. It was amazing... so romantic. And a big, huge moment." I admit with a cheesy smile.

"That totally freaked you out."
"A little but only because it had the potential to be true. Or it has the potential to be true." I admonish as I slide my hands into his.

"I tell you what. Let's take things slow. No pressure. No more big public declarations. Let's start small... Like a date."

"I could do a date."

"Good. And then after the date, we can fall insanely in love."

"I could do that, too. What are you doing for lunch?"
"Well I was hoping to have you for lunch." Clay shoots my a cocky smile before I'm straddling his lap.
"I can be dessert if you like." I purr as I run a hand down his chest.
"God only if I can have dessert first."

Clay and I lay in his bed eating some brownie bites and grapes as he opens his mouth, " So good. So tell me... best first-date story."

"Skills actually. I was 7, and he invited me over to play basketball in his driveway. I was a serious tomboy. When I got there, he slipped me a note that says, "will you be my girlfriend? Yes, no, maybe."

"Get her done, Skills! What? Game respects game. So what'd you say?" Clays pushes a grape between his lips.

"I said "yes." And then I beat him in "horse" and made him cry like a little girl. And when he kissed me he said it was like kissing a ragdoll who was also his sister."

"Remind me never to play ball with you." Clay chuckles.

"So... Today you seemed kind of awkward around me when your were on the phone with Nathan."
"Yeah, you know, I think it's best to keep it strictly professional around Nate." Clay shrugs as he pulls me closer.

"Yeah, but you told him you plan on falling insanely in love with me. Okay."

"Doesn't mean I want to flaunt it in his face. It... it just felt weird, I guess. Him knowing you were with me."

"Okay. But if we're gonna date, have to date outside of this little world here at the beach house and my house."

"I know. You're right. You're beautiful, and you're right."

"Besides, I hear they have way better food in the real world."

"You know, no matter how many times I see my sister in law, I am still blown away." I state as Clay and I stand with Tommy and Quinn as we watch Haley perform.

"Yeah, you Scott girls are pretty amazing." Clay smiles down at me.

"Look at you, Mr. Smooth." Tommy jokes as I blush.
"Cute." I giggle.

"Hey, I'm competing with the infamous Skills Taylor. Where is he anyway?"
I look at Quinn who shrugs, "he's still living the life as far as I know."

"Hey, Tommy, Quinn. Blake. Clay."

"What's up, Nate?" Clays stiffens as he nods at my brother.

"Clay, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure. Yeah, can you give us a minute?" Clay looks down at me before walking off with Nathan.
"What do you think they're talking about?" I ask watching the pair.
"Probably about how wierd Clay acts about fucking you." Tommy shrugs as Quinn slaps his arm, "shut up."
"But he's probably right. I know Nathan's missed him." Quinn says with a kind smile.

"See, aren't you glad we already did the whole first-date-sex thing? 'Cause now we don't have to be nervous." I say as the man walks me to my door after the concert.

"Yeah... I'm still kind of nervous. See, I have this question." Clay leans against the door fram

"Will you be my girlfriend? Yes. No. Maybe." Let me think. Maybe. Yes." I joke as I wiggle my brows.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Clay kisses my lips before taking a step back.

"You better.Thanks for walking me to the door."
"Youre most welcome. I'll pick you and the kids up for breakfast."
"It's a date."
I enter the livingroom to see Quinn.
"What're you doing here?"
"Kam asked me to drop the kids off. Mikey got off early and was feeling frisky."
Quinn was looking at the ground.
"Q, what's wrong?"
"Taylor's here."
"Ew really?" I made a face.
"Yeah and she brought her new boyfriend."
"She can keep a man??" I gag as I sit beside her.
"It's David."
"What about David?" I ask lifting my eyes.
"Her new boyfriend is David."