You are a Runner and I am My Fathers Son

"Baby, where's that coffee you promised?" I ask walking into Clays livingroom and seeing he and Nathan

"No, I --I take it back. you were my agent."

"No. Nate, would you just wait?"
I follow the two to the door to see them in a stand off.

"You knew how important it was for my family that I play close to home."Nathaniel sighs.
"I know that."
"So why didn't you close the deal?!"

"Because I thought we could do better."
Clay glances at the ground before looking back at my brother.

"Oh, that's great. I asked you to do two things for me -- Make sure i play for the bobcats and stay away from Blake. You're fired. Enjoy your date."
"What? Nate! Nate!"
I left Clay at the door before following my brother.
"Nathan!"
"What?! Shouldn't you be finishing your date while my life is falling apart?"
"I'm so sorry this happened to you." I whisper.
"Are you? If he was focused on his job instead I'd getting you into bed I'd still have a job!"
"No! That's bullshit! He was trying to get you a better deal it isn't his fault some wacko said she was pregnant by you! And I am a GROWN woman I fuck who I want. And until you see that not everything is about you, you can go fuck yourself."
I turned on my heal and headed back into the house to hear Clay on the phone.

"Gene, you told me you weren't pursuing any other point guards. You said you were negotiating with Nathan, And that you were spending the rest of your money on a center. Absolutely Derek McDaniel's a fantastic player, but we were in the middle of a negotiation. So I assume that the 2-year offer is -- You're capped out. Right. Yeah. I'm -- I'm sorry, too. I appreciate you taking the call so late at night... Negotiations are about risks. You take calculated risks. I was doing what I thought was right."
"Of course you were." I wrap my arms around him.

"I made a mistake."

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"No. But thank you. I, uh, I actually should -- I should probably just call my bosses and just see what I could do for Nathan somewhere else in the league. So, you know, you -- you probably should get going." He says.

"Yeah. You know, just... I dragged you along to the volunteer thing, and I was here tonight, and –"

"It's not your fault, Blake."
"I'm so sorry."
"Hey, it's not your fault. Come here."
Clays pulls me into a kiss before resting our heads together.

"If there's anything that I can do..."

"There's not... But thank you. I'll call you."

"Look, you should call Nathan and talk to him. You know that he loves you."

"Yeah."

"I can't believe Nathan lost his job." Lucas sighs as we video chat on the laptop.
"He's so angry Lucas."
"I mean if my sister was fucking my agent id be pissed too."
"No you wouldn't." I roll my eyes as my hand runs through Keith's curls.
"I miss you." I admit sadly.
"I'll come visit soon. Bring Sawyer to see her cousins and favorite aunt." Lucas smiles at me.
"It's not the same with you gone. Can't you guys just move back?" I pout.
"Maybe one day we will. No matter how far we are from one another we will talk every day." Lucas declares.
"We already do dork... it's just a different kind of lonely when your twins not here. " I shrug, "but I understand why you left."
"Tree Hill is home little sister and we always go home."