Cant Stop this Thing We Started

"I don't understand why I'M here

"I don't understand why I'M here. Deb barely even likes me.'' I state.

I was seated beside Haley as Nathan, mom, hales, some counselor women and I waited for Deb to come downstairs. The twins were at daycare for the day.

''She likes you more than you think. Besides I was thinking you could tell her she can't see the twins till she gets help.'' Nate looked at me, making me nod.

''Who the hell are you?'' Deb snaps, once she finally arrived downstairs.

''This is an intervention.'' The Doctor stated, making Deb scoff.

''You have a problem, Deb and we want you to go back to rehab.'' Mom offered, looking at the other one.

'' Yeah, Deb, we're only here because we care.'' That came from Dan, who was smirking at his wife.

''You invited Dan to my intervention?''

'' Everyone important in your life must be here united against your addiction.''

''So you got five people, including my sociopath ex-husband. Oh, yeah I have a problem, all right.''

Deb begins to search the room for pills, making Nathan look down ashamed.

''Mom? we searched the house and, um we found your pills ... it's over.'' Nate stated.

''No, Nathan, my life was over the day you left me and decided to marry her.'' Deb sneers, pointing at Haley.

My hand instantly connected to my sister-in-law's.

''It's not their fault-''

''Shut up, Karen ... This was all part of your big plan. You've never forgiven me for sleeping with Keith.''

Haley looked back at me shocked before Dan opened his mouth.

'' No, it's me who hasn't forgiven you--the guy you tried to light on fire.''

Nathan closed his eyes in what could have been either pain or embarrassment, possibly both.

''Okay, okay, listen, the first step is to admit you have a problem.''

''Oh, shove it up your ass, I know I'm an addict. Spend a week with these people and you will be, too.'' Deb went to walk away before i spoke up.

"Deb. If you don't get help, I won't allow you to see the twins. Do you understand me?'' I ask, making the woman stare at me.

''Why would I want to see the bastard children of my sociopathic husband's bastard daughter?''

With that the blonde walked out .

''I think we're making progress.''

''Shut up Dan. Most of the shit that happens to people around here is your fault. Now if you excuse me I'm leaving before Deb comes back and I punch her ass out.'' I growl.