The Worst Day Since Yesterday

''Chris Keller?! You slept with Keller?!'' I exclaimed

Brooke nods as Peyton, Haley and I sat in her living room.

''And Lucas actually saw?'' Haley frowned.

''Whoa, Chris Keller, Chris Keller?'' Peyton asked, still in shock.

''Stop saying his name!'' Brooke yells, her hands holding her head.

''I don't understand what happened – when Nathan and I left, you were like, pushing him out the door.'' Hales said.

''I know, I know, I don't know. We were... we were drinking and I was feeling really lonely and I was really upset, my shirt made his pants feel tight. ''

I faked gagged as Peyton made a face.

'' Oh god, I told you guys, I was-I was drinking but he said a lot of other things and... Haley, don't look at me like that! You know how charming he can be!''

''Hey, he didn't, um,...he didn't... sing to you, did he?'' Haley asks.

My eyes widen as Brooke looked distressed.

''Oh my god, you guys, I'm a groupie!'' Brooke cried, making me pat her shoulder.

''OK, have you talked to my twin?'' I asked.

''He won't answer my calls... and, I mean, I'm not gonna leave a pathetic apology on his answering machine! I'm sorry.'' Brooke said, looking at Haleys.

''Hmm.''

''Sorry. ''

''Lucas is never gonna talk to me again.'' Brooke wipes her tears as there was a knock at the door.

She ran up to the door and answered it, looking for Luke, only to see Chris Keller.

''Chris Keller always springs for breakfast.''

Haley and Peyton help me up from the couch as we made our way to the door.

''Oh, you've company. Well, I guess we'll have to share.''

I roll my eyes as Brooke scoffs and grabbed the donuts before Haley slammed the door in the boy's face.

''Oh that's just ugly.'' i made a face at Luke's locker, which was painted pink.

"You got that right.'' Nathan agreed shaking his head.

"So, what's up with you and Haley?''

''I don't know. You know I've never stopped loving her. and having her here, it's like I want to be with her, but I don't want to let her hurt me again, you know?''

''Believe me, I know.''

I let the silence take over before looking at him again,.

''I thought you and Deb were leaving Dan.''

''She said we were, but we're not yet. So I don't know.''

''Out of all the people in the world, Dan had to be the sperm donor.'' I crinkle my nose.

''At least we're stuck with him together.''

''Oh yeah.'' I nodded, knocking into him.

''Wow, that was beautiful, Deb. I think I'm gonna cry.'' Dan said through the radio. He was campaigning .

''Me too.'' Mom rolled her eyes.

''Or puke.'' I wrinkled my nose as I help mom with her posters.

Mom switches the radio off as the door opens and Lucas walks to the couch, dumping himself onto the couch.

''Is that Lucas Scott, star player of the Tree Hill Ravens?'' Mom fake fans her face.

''No, how bout, Lucas Scott, star chump of the Tree Hill cheerleaders?''

I frowned at him.
''You wanna talk about it?''

''Not much to talk about. The girl that I thought was the one for me went out of her way to prove that she wasn't.''

''The girl being Brooke Davis?'' Mom raises a brow.

''Am I that obvious?''

''About as obvious as a black door on the side of our house.'' I state, sitting beside him.

''Sorry about that.''

''Oh, Lucas. Look, it's her loss. There are a ton of girls out there that would be lucky to have you.'' Mom tried to assure him.
''I'll make sure to tell those girls my mom said so.''

''I'm serious. You know, a customer once told me that the best way to get over someone was to get under someone else.'' Mom said licking an envelop.

Luke and I share a look before staring at her.

''Oh my god! I just realised what that meant!Ooooooh my god. I... thought it was more philosophical. You know, get to know them, don't get under them.'' Mom points at us.

''Mom!'' We yelled.

''Ahh, scratch that. I, I know that you're going through a rough time,... but you have the game tonight and basketball always makes you feel better. '' Mom said.

''Well, that and cake.'' I smiled.

''That was when it was fun.''

''Don't let your heart... get in the way of the one thing you love most. Just do your best.'

''This goes out to all your girlfriends, you know who they are.''

I roll my eyes as Chris starting singing the National Anthem. I sat with Kam and Danny.

''What a tool.'' Kam shook his head.

The game progressed and soon my favorite part happened. Luke got the ball and threw it at Chris, knocking him off the bleachers.

''Oh my god.'' I laughed.

''That is by far the best thing i've seen all day.'' Danny added, laughing as well.

''Luke is amazing.'' Kam added, wiping a fake tear away.

''And they lost the game.'' i stated.

''Luke looked off today, didn't he?'' Kam asked.

''Yeah, he was breathing heavy like very heavy.''

Come to think of it, Luke has been off for awhile.

''I'll talk to him once I see him again.''