Ive Got Dreams to Remember

"Do you know which college you plan on attending?''

I bit my lip as i look at the counselor.

"I was thinking Stanford, Duke or Maryland.''

''Those are great schools for you.... but are you sure you don't want something closer to home?''

''Why?''

''You're having twins, it'd be easier.''

''Okay. But i'm going to one of those colleges. I can do it. I know I can.''

Lucas and I are leaning against the wall, at the precinct, waiting to hear news about Keith.

''It's gonna be fine. You two need to get to school. I'll call you if I hear something.'' Mom said handing us something to drink.

''Oh, come on, mom, it's Keith. This is important!'' Lucas exclaims.

''Your future is important. Don't you have a meeting with your guidance counselor today? Talk about colleges?''

''I met with him early this morning. I'm good.'' I assured her.

''Oh, you wouldn't wanna miss that! I mean look; Keith didn't go to college and look where he ended up.'' Dan smirks, walking over to us.

I narrowed my eyes as mom walked over to the man, fuming.

''What the hell is wrong with you? He's your brother, for god's sake!''

''Exactly. Someone shoulda told him that before he tried to light me on fire!''

''Keith had nothing to do with that!'' Luke and I yelled together.

''How would you know?! Were you there?''

I advanced a step forward as Luke pulled me back and looked away.

''Blake. Lucas, go to school. Don't waste your breath on him.'' Mom advised, shooting Dan a nasty look.

"You wasted more than that.'' Dan smirks, making Luke drop his cup and advance towards the Devil.

''Whoa, whoa, whoa, now come on, you don't wanna get hurt before the big game tomorrow. There's gonna be scouts there. Oh, but then they're there to see Nathan, not you. Well, gotta run; don't wanna be late for the Keith Show. In today's episode, Keith Scott learns – you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.'' Dan calls walking towards the exit.

''Stanford is, like, my dream school. It's where I've wanted to go since I played... pretend SATs with Blake!'' Haley exclaims making me laugh.

''Man, I forgot how much of a nerd you two were.'' Luke laughs, making Haley and I hit him.

''Oh, whatever, Rambo!'' I scoffed.

''No Rambo was cool!''

''Ohh, I don't feel like I'm picking... a college as much as I feel like I'm picking a future.''