When It Isnt Like it Should Be

"Hey, B, we gotta go

"Hey, B, we gotta go.'' I look up at the nursery door to see Skills and Haley.

"Thanks guys. I was just grabbing the twins' stuffed animals.... I don't wanna leave them.'' I sighed.

''My mom will take good care of them. You know that, B. Besides, it's only a weekend.'' Skills assures me.

I had taken the kids to Skills' house early this morning. His mom volunteering to watch them. 

''I know but what if they're grown by the time we get back?''

''They're only a month old.'' Haley laughed.

''Month in a half.'' I state, frowning.

''And that's my point. You know what. I'm staying. You guys have fun.'' I announced, turning to take my bag back of stairs.

''Oh no you don't. Come along.'' Skills huffs, scooping me up.

I grown in defeat and let myself be placed beside Luke.

''So Mom, we're gonna take off, okay?'' Luke calls through the door at our mother, who was still hiding in her room.

''Well, we'll have our cells if you need anything. The twins are at Skills's.'' I called after my brother.

''Don't take it personally. She's been through a lot.'' Brooke assured us.

''I know. She just seems so hopeless.''

''Yeah, we're all gonna get our hope back, Luke. It's just gonna take some of us longer than others, you know.''

We all gathered by the cars out front with Skills, Kam, Mouth, Haley, Peyton, and Nathan.

''I have a feeling this is gonna be a great weekend.'' Nathan announced, putting my luggage in the car.

''Yea, it will be kind of nice to get away.'' Mouth agrees, making Kam and I nod. 

''Yeah, hopefully it'll get everybody to stop talking about you know what for a while.'' Skills adds.

''Where the hell are we going anyways?'' Kam asked looking around.

''All Rachel said is that it's some kind of cabin.'' Peyton answered.

''Does Rachel really have to come? Can't we just leave her?'' B. Davis pouts, making me silently agree with her.

''Considering it's her family's place, I don't really think we have an option.'' Sawyer shook her head.

'' She's just saying think about it.'' I bit my lip, helping Brooke out.

''Hey, party people.'' Rachel smirks, pulling up with Bevin.

''Hey, baby, you ready to conquer the great outdoors?'' Bevin looks at Skills, he hated the outdoors.

''If you say so.''

''He didn't sound very enthusiastic.'' Nathan shook his head.

''Yeah, Skills isn't really the outdoor type.'' I state, patting my friend on the back.