You Dug Your Own Grave. now lie in it.

Kam, Mikey, Merida, the twins and i were all at Haley's having lunch when the phone rang

''Aunt Haley, the phone's for you.'' Merida announces handing the phone over.

''Yes hello? Yes that's my niece. Yeah she's very cute. who I ... I'm ... I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? ... Hospice?'

''Come here babe.'' Deb pulls Jamie too her as the twins came to me and Mer to Mikey.

''Yeah. just a second. Yes. I understand. thank you. ''

Hales turns away to finish the call before looking back at us.

''Haley? you okay?''

'''Jamie, don't you have to feed Chester?'' Kam asks, sending the kids away.

''Nathan was right all along. Dan really has gone off to die. ''

''What do you mean?''

'' I just got a phone call from his hospice nurse. She thinks it's only a matter of hours now. I'm so sorry Deb.''

''Oh please. It's just. It doesn't sound like Dan.''

''What do you mean?''

''Well I would have expected a little more grandstanding, a little more flare. That's all.'' I agree, brows furrowed.

''Well she says he's asking for the boys. Thinks I should bring them by.''

'' Do you think Jamie and Keith should see him like that?'' Deb asked.

''I don't know. After everything they've been through with Quentin and now seeing Dan's gravestone I promised him he could see his grandfather.''

''So what are you gonna do?''

''I don't know. Oh I wish Nathan were here.''

''Why didn't he ask for Kayson?'' I wondered.

''Maybe because the last time she saw him she said thanks for saving lives, but fuck off.'' Kam shrugged.

''Dude she' six.''

''Dan's a child at heart.''

''Nathan. Hi I'm really sorry to bug you up there but it's about Dan. I need to talk to you. I got a phone call from his hospice nurse this morning and it's not good. You should call me. I love you. bye.'' Haley left a voicemail for my brother after Kam, Mer and Mikey left.

''What's a hospice?'' Keithy wonders.

''Is something wrong with grandpa? You said he was okay.'' Jamie panicks.

''I did. I know I did. It turns out grandpa's really sick.''

''But he's gonna get better right?'' Kayson questions, head tilted.

''Come here. Sometimes people get so sick that they can't get better. '' I smile down at my sunshine.

''Is he gonna die like Quentin ?'' James looks up at his mother.