From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea

"Rise and shine

"Rise and shine.'' I sigh as Peyton sat up from her bed and Brooke writes on her door.

''Nice of you two to knock.''

''We didn't wanna wake you, Sleeping Bitchy! Besides, I had to get the list ready.'' Brooke said.

''What list?''

''This list.'' Brooke opened the door wide.

''What is that exactly?''

''Since you and I are both officially available again and tonight is the end-of-summer beach party, which means partial of not total naked nudity, I have made a list of all the available guys so that we can avoid the pain and hardship of another 'Lucas love triangle'. and when Blake isn't pregnant anymore, the "Jake love triangle.''

I hand Peyton her toothbrush as she gets out of bed.

''Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't get any of that. Did you just say something about me puking in a rave?'' Brooke looks confused at the blonde.

''I said 'the Lucas you're supposedly dating' and 'Jake isn't here'.''

''Non-exclusively.''

''He may come back.''

''Huh.''

''What 'huh'? I have dated multiple guys before!''

''Yeah, I know. In fact, you are queen of the multiple-boy dating scenario, I'm just surprised you're doing it with Lucas.''

''Well, you know what they say; when it comes to boys, I'm full of surprises.''

''But I thought you were the new, responsible,Brooke!'' I stated slapping her on the ass.

''Eurgh, so last season – responsible Brooke is good but party Brooke is gooder. Check it out; I get Lucas, Mouth, half the guys on the team – I put my first choices her but we can totally mix and match, any and all lifeguards, Larry- ''

''Whoa! Larry, like... my dad Larry?'' Peyton made a face.

'' Of course, he's my hot dad fantasy!''

''Peyton, he is a total diff!'' I added.

'' And besides, I gave you Dan.'' Sawyer and I both made faces at that.

''And I get Dave Grohl from the 'Foo Fighters'. You get; Jake – as promised, Nathan – but he comes with an asterisk because nobody knows what the hell is going on with him and Haley in 'high school married' limbo, the other half of the guys on the team, Anna – because... well... you never know, and she was totally into you. Blake gets Nathan's Uncle Cooper, and all the Rivercourt boys – Skills, Fergie and Garbage and she claimed Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy''

''His name is Junk.'' I said.

''...Right! And finally, the rest of the Foo Fighters goes to you Peyton.''

''Why do you get Dave Grohl, I want Dave Grohl!'' Peyton whined.

''No way!''

''So I get a fugitive and a married guy!''

''Fine. You take Dave Grohl, I'm taking Anna.''

''I'm keeping Pete.''

Brooke nodded at me.

''Deal.''

''Deal.''

''Deal.''

''OK. Nighty-night, thanks, bye!'' Brooke calls back as she drug me from the room.

''Nathan!''

I had seen the boy walking home, when i was walking back from Brooke's.

Nathan turned towards me, his eyes widening at the sight of me.

''Wow you're huge.''

I narrowed my eyes at the boy.

''You'd be huge too at seven months pregnant....will people stop calling me huge?... Nate, are you ever gonna forgive me?''

Nathan shook his head as he continues to walk.

''Hey! It is NOT my fault about what Lucas did. And I know I should've told you about going to see Haley. But you have to understand Nate, she was my best friend and I wanted to see her, to talk some sense into her.''

''So you went behind my back?!''

Nathan was now facing me.

''I can't please everyone all the time... No matter how hard I try, I just can't.'' I sniffled.

''I just miss you so much and I don't want my kids to miss out on you being in their lives. Please Nathan.'' I had tears flowing down my cheeks.

Nathan licked his lips before sighing.

''I'm sorry, come here.''

Nathan held me to his chest.

''I shouldn't be mad at you, but i'm not forgiving Lucas.''

''I-I'm fine with that.''

''Let's get you home preggers.''

''Who wants to swim, With naked Tim? Who wants to get drunk, And have sex with him?''

"Oh dear god.'' Kam covered my eyes.

Tim sat be the bon fire with nothing on and a guitar covering his penis.

''That kid is seriously disturbed.'' Danny wrinkles his nose.

''Oh, you have no idea.'' I sighed, looking away from the awful sight.

I saw Haley and walked over to her.

''You okay?'' I asked.

''Its just Nathan didn't even show up.''

''Could be worse. How do you think Luke is going to act when he sees a naked Brooke in the water with other guys?''

"You're right, at least he isn't seeing anyone.''

''Gotta look on the bright side. Anyways I'll catch you later, I'm gonna try and find a nonalcoholic drink.''

I sat silently watching all of the teens have fun, drinking, making out and dancing. I felt out of place here, I was about to become a mother. I wasn't a kid anymore, I wasn't going to have time to go to parties, or games, or anything anymore. I'm going to do this as a single mother... Shaking my head I got up and walked towards my car, sending Kam and Luke a text telling them I was heading home.

''Going home already?''

I turned and saw Dan, looking at everyone from his beach house.

"Yeah.''

Dan tilted his head at me.

''You're seven months, right?''

''Yeah...''

''How are you going to be a mother in high school?''

''I'm going to be a great mother. I'm not going to abandoned them or push them to be someone they're not. I'm not you Dan. I'm not a worthless parent.''