The Birth and Death of the Day

"Thank you for coming

"Thank you for coming.''

"It's no problem, really.''

''No. I mean it. I really appreciate it. And your mother is a life savior. I couldn't handle Keithy and Kayson in a hospital, especially with worrying over my mother.''

''Blake, it's really no problem.''

''Bet you're debating on not dating the girl with the crazy family.''

''Nah, debating on whether or not to ask if I'm invited to her graduation.''

I felt myself smile weakly at Tommy.

''You most certainly are.''

''Blake..Luke.'' My head snaps over to see Haley, Nathan and Deb coming to us. I patted Tommy's knee before I went and hugged my younger brother.

''Hey. ''

'' Hey.''

''How's Karen? What are they saying?'' Deb asked, looking between my brother and i.

''She's unconscious.'' I started, letting Luke finish.

''She has something called "eclampsia." It gives her seizures.''

''What does that mean for the baby?'' Hayley looks over at me, worry in her eyes.

''It's pretty serious. They said the next few hours are critical for the both of them. I just want her to be okay.'' I whisper, making Nate tighten his hold me a slight more.

''She will be. Your mom is tough. Why don't I go to your house and pack some things for her?'' Deb offers.

''Okay. ''

''Does Peyton know you're here? You mind if I call her and let her know? And Kam? Does he know B?''

''Yeah. Kam's on his way.''

With that Deb and Hayley walks away, Nate's eyes land on Tommy.

''Who's this?''

''Tommy. He's Mary's, the daycare teachers, son. We've been hanging out.'' I smile.

''Nice to meet you man.''

''You too, I'm Nathan. This is Luke, if you guys haven't met.''

''They did.'' I gave a smile before we all sat down again.

Luke and I sat on either side of our mother, Kam by myside, as I made Tommy go home.

''Hi. How's she doing?''

Our heads shifted to see Peyton walk towards my brother.

''Not so good. The doctor says what she has could attack her kidneys and her lungs... everything.''

''Hi, Peyton, Kam.''

''Hi.''

''Hey, Deb.''

''Do you mind giving me and the twins a moment to talk?''