Believe Me, I'm Leaving

"Mommy?"

"Mommy?"

"Yes baby? Tommy do you want count chocular or coco puffs?" I ask over at the man before looking down at Kayson.

"Puffs." Tommy was tilting his head as he and Jack looked at chewey bars.

"What's a love child?" Kayse proceeded.

"And why does uncle Nathan have one?" Keith added, brows furrowed as Tommy and I grab the magazine.

"I'll tell you when we get home. Okay?"

Jack starts piling magazines into the cart before we headed to the register.

We got back to the house and I took the twins to the living room as Tommy and Jack went to theirs to put food away.

"Okay so here's the situation. There is a mean woman saying uncle Nathan is the father to her baby."

"Is he?" Kayson asks, head tilting.

"He can't be. He's with aunt Haley."Keith states.

"Exactly. Uncle Nathan isn't the daddy but no one knows except us. The woman wants money from Nathan and she'll tell the truth about the baby not being his."

"that is mean." Keith agrees, "I'm gonna pull her hair til she agrees." Kayson narrows her eyes in anger.

"No need baby. We adults are going to handle it. But if you hear people at school or anywhere talking about it, don't let it get to you. Just ignore them okay."

"No promises."

"Chase, I thought you managed this place now." Nathan says as he and I sit at the bar waiting for the show to start.

"Mostly. But, I kinda miss being back here. I invented a new drink, you should try. It's called "the brain haemorrhage"."

"Baby, You know there's already a drink called the brain haemorrhage, right?" I ask him as Clay looks between us.

"I'm sorry, man. I'm sure yours is much better." Nathan adds.

"Damn it! I'll get you a beer." Chase grumbles as he pecks my cheek and heads to get our drinks.

"Hey, man. Blake." Clay walks up to us.

"Listen, the press are gonna be here later, so I want you to practice two very important words... "No comment".

"What if I do make a comment? Maybe just... tell my side of things?"

" i'd be careful about that, it's just a game you don't wanna play."

I smile as Chase hands all three of us drinks.

"So, what do you think? It's not bad, eh?"

Chase smiles as Clay sips his drink.

"It's delicious, it should be illegal." Chase throws Nathan and i a triumph look before walking away.

"This is the worst drink I ever had." Clay continues.