Over the Hills and Far Away

"Thanks for riding with me to look at colleges Kam

"Thanks for riding with me to look at colleges Kam. We all wouldn't have fit in mom's car with the twins.''

''Hey, i need to pick a place too, remember, besides, do you honestly believe Karen wouldn't have made me come?''

I laugh as I followed my mother down the road with Luke in the car ahead of us.

"What do you want to do in the future?'' Kam wonders, sending me a sideways look.

i bit my lip before smiling.

''I want to be something that'll benefit children. Like a teacher, or social worker or psychologist.''

"I think you'd make a good social worker.''

I smiled, ''Really?''

''Yeah, you're good with kids, especially if they have a rough home life. I mean you're not even certified yet and you saved me.''

"Thank you Kam. Just for that I'm going to bake you something when we get home.''

''Ooohhh you could always become a chief, open your own bakery.''

''Who says I can't do both?'' I laughed.

''So, how are you going to pay for college?''

''Keith. I heard mom talking to his lawyer. He had college funds saved for Luke and I. He's helping us beyond the grave. You?''

''My dad surprisingly. He said he wants to make everything up to me. So I told him to pay for my college and I'll think about it.''

''Sneaky.... Are you ever going to forgive him?''

''Maybe.... one day, but not today.''

Once we arrived home I hastily got dressed before getting the twins dressed and making my way to Tric with my family. Tonight was Nathan and Haley's engagement party. I was simply over the moon about it. I had quickly handed the twins to mom and Deb as I hurried to the back of the stage, where we had all planned something for Naley.

''Once upon a time in a kingdom far, far away a girl and a boy fell in love. And then another girl, supposedly a friend, secretly taped how they fell in love and decided to use it against them. So tonight, I give you an authentic and very unauthorized re-enactment of Nathan and Haley, a fairy tale.'' I announced when Brooke had all but pushed me out on the stage.

Everyone claps and a sign on the stage says The First Date. The curtains open and Bevin (playing Haley) is sitting on a bench, at a table. I laugh seeing Bevin wearing Haley's famous poncho.

Fergie (playing Nathan) walks up and sits on the bench on the other side of Bevin.

''So you're Nathan Scott? Mr. big shot basketball player. I don't trust you and I'm totally not into you. And I'm just tutoring you so that you'll leave my best friend Lucas alone.'' Bevin rattled on.