All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone

I followed my sister-in-law along with the rest of our friends as she made her way to the ambulance

I followed my sister-in-law along with the rest of our friends as she made her way to the ambulance. My arms were linked with Tommy's, who met us at the ambulance.

''Its finally happening!'' I grin, though it dropped when Luke looked at his phone.

''Blake, come on.'' He grabbed my hand before pulling me away, as I held on to Kam, knowing he'd want to come to.

''Meet me at the hospital with the twins!'' I called out to Tommy, who nodded.

We made it to the hospital to see mom being wheeled into to surgery. I could see the panic on my twin brother's and adopted brother's faces.

''Mom's going to be fine.'' I admonished, not believing in anything else.

As we followed after the doctors and mom we met Nathan in the middle, who was following after Haley. All of us sharing sad looks, we pulled each other into one big hug, before Nathan followed after his wife.

''Come on mom, we're right here.'' Luke prays as the two of us watched mom's surgery through the gallery of the operating room. The nurses wouldn't let Kam come back here, since he wasn't related.

''She's coding.''

When I heard those beeps my life stopped as I opened my mouth with my brother, "MOM!"

''Stats and vitals rising. We got her back.'' As those words came from the doctor's mouth, tears flowed from mine.

I didn't realize how close we are to losing our mother until now. My arms went around my brother's waist as his tightened around my shoulders. Mom was fine for now, which meant so were we.

Its been two weeks. Two weeks since James Lucas Scott was born. Two weeks since mom was on that operating table. She was fine now of course and so was our little sister, Lily Rose Scott.

''Nahaha, I have to go. Which means I have to stop by Nathan's and Haley's to take a shower or mom's going to know I had sex.'' I smiled at Tommy, pulling on my shirt.

''Take a shower here.''

''Uh, no. I'm not going to be able to look your mother in the eyes now as it is.''

''She's not even home. She took the younger kids to see our grandparents last night. Won't be home til later.''

''Still, I'm not going to risk it. Wanna help load the twins up?''

"Sure.''

He walked into his little sister's room, where we had put the kids to sleep at. Soon the twins were loaded up and I leaned forward to kiss Tommy's lips.

''I'll see you later?''

''Most definitely.''

With a wave I was off to my younger brother's home. I knocked, grinning at Haley, who answered the door.