Learning to Fall

(Sarah and Clay)

(Sarah and Clay)

"It's kind of creepy, right? That this Katie girl looks just like Sara and she bought the picture of you." I comment as the two of us make breakfast for the kids.
"Yeah, it's weird. But maybe it's just that...weird but harmless." Clay assures me.

"How come you never told me about her whenever you first met her?"

"I'm sorry. I should have told you. You know, but with Haley and Quinn's mom being sick, it just didn't seem important. As important."
"It's okay. Mean, like you said, hopefully she's just harmless, right?"

"Either that or completely psychotic. Listen, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. But just in case, I'll make some calls and see if I can find out more about her. And, babe, I am sorry for not telling you."

"It's okay. I just don't want her to do something stupid with the kids around."
"I wouldn't let them get hurt. I promise."

"Here's your besties." I grin at Skills as the twins and Jamie high five him.
"Thanks B. Scott."
"How you feeling with the Mouth thing?" I wonder raising my brow.
"I'm pissed. I feel like I was stabbed in the back."
"You know he'd do anything for you. Mouth your BEST friend. The thing with Lauren came out of nowhere. Don't let your friendship die cause of some woman."

"What's up Quinn?" I ask walking into her Gallery.
"Look! Someone smashed Clays picture!"
Furrowing my brows, I pick the picture up.
"Here give it to me I'll go put it in the back." Quinn takes the picture before going to the back.
"Have an accident?"

Turning my head my eyes connect to Katie's, "Can I help you?"

"I'm here for Clay. I mean, my photo of Clay. I know I said Quinn could send it to me, but I decided that I want him now."

"Well, that's unfortunate because that print's already been shipped, per your instructions. Could take weeks, that's what she told me anyways. So I guess you're gonna have to get used to being without him"
My phone rings and I answer, "Clay, she's here, and Quinn's in the back." I whisper quietly as the girl looks around.

"Katie? All right, Blake, listen to me. I talked to her roommate, Katie's unstable."

"Yeah, you're damn right. She's unstable. She's standing in Quinns gallery telling me that she wants you. She's about to see how unstable I can be." I state.

"Blake, I'm being serious. Just be careful and get the hell out of there, okay? Please. I already messaged Quinn to stay quiet and head out the back.."

"Okay."

"Promise me."

"Yeah, I promise. Um, I'll just tell her I'm gonna close up and head home."

"Okay. And just call me as soon as you get out of there. And, Blake... I love you."

"I love you, too."

I sent a text to Quinn telling her I'd close up and call her when I leave.

"I feel sorry for you. Can't you see how sad he is?"

"Stop pretending like you know him and leave us alone." I groan as Katie walks to me again.

"That's cute. You said "us." But it was obvious he never even told you about me."

"You need to go now."I snap with a snarl.

"I see the way he looks at you. But you don't know the way he looked at me the first time he saw me. He'll never look at you like that. You'll never be Sara."

"Neither will you."

"We'll see about that." She smiles at me, causing me to take a step back.

Clay looks at his broken portrait once he arrives at the gallery.
"She's not gonna go away. And even what I said thing this is just the beginning." I say grabbing his hand.