I Love You but Ive Chosen Darkness

''Blake, Lucas, you know you don't have to come to every check up with me

''Blake, Lucas, you know you don't have to come to every check up with me.'' Mom informs, as my twin and I sat on either side of her.

Keith and Kayson sitting in their carseat beside us.

''It's okay, mom, we want to.'' Luke grins.

''Why are you coming to every check up with me?''

''Would Keith be at every checkup?'' I asked, giving baby Keith his toy.

''Probably, yeah.''

''Well then, there's your answer.'' Luke chuckled.

''Karen?We're ready for you?''

''Go to school, kids. You're makin' me nervous.'' Mom pats our knees before walking back with the doctor.

"Wanna come with me to drop the kids off?''

''Yeah... You realize we came in the same car right?''

''Shut up.''

We walk out of the room and towards the door, only for a blonde head to catch my attention.

''Luke, is that Peyton?''

"I think so.'' Luke shifted Keith's seat to his other arm, as I tightened my hold on Kaysons.

''Peyton?''

The girl doesn't turn around at first, though I see her stiffen.

''That's not Peyton.'' I whisperas the girl turned, looking slightly terrified and angry at the same time.

''Uh--oh, I--I'm sorry, I thought you-- ... That's my friends jacket.'' Luke stumbled over the words.

''Take it. Get out.'' She threw the jacket at my brother, who looked wounded at the girl.

Her knee was bleeding and she yanked her blonde wig off.

''Who did this to you?'' I asked.

''We can help you.'' I finished stepping slightly closer.

''Nobody, I'm just clumsy, that's all.''

With one last look at the broken girl, Luke and I made our way out of the hospital.

''That was insane.''

''And incredibly creepy.'' Luke added as he placed Kayse in the car.

When we arrived at school I passed the jacket to Luke.

''Here. You give it to her. I doubt she'll listen to me, she never does.'' I stated, waving bye to my brother as I search the area for some of my friends.

My eyes met with Brooke's as she motioned towards Haley, was sitting alone in the quad.

''Hales,what's wrong?'' I asked, as Brooke and I sat beside her.

''I told Nathan that I'm pregnant and, um ... he walked out..'' My sister-in-law smiles sadly.

'' I'm sorry, buddy. Hmm, um ... listen, now that Nathan knows, it wouldn't be horrible exactly if news of your pregnancy just somehow sort of slipped out, right?'' Brooke smiled, a plan brewing in her head.

''I don't know, I,I guess not.''

''Okay. Great. Hey, people! Listen up!'' My brunette friend yells as she stood on the table.

''I'm not the one who's pregnant, okay? Haley is!''

Haley's wide eyes connected to mine.

'' Haley's got the roast on slow cook, not me! Haley!'' Brooke continues as students start coming up to Haley.

"Congrats Haley James.'' Kam grins, slinging an arm around my shoulders, smiling at the girl.

Haley gave an awkward smile as she looked around her.

''Hello?''

"B.''

''Nate. How can i help you?'' I asked, sitting on my floor and playing with the twins.

Keithy was trying to climb on my lap as Kayson was playing with a light up toy.

''There's a press conference tonight and i want you and the twins to be there.''

''Really?''

''Of course.''

''Good, it'll give me a chance to talk some sense into you about Haley.''

There was a pause on the phone before Nate sighed.

''I'll see you tonight. Okay?''

''Yeah.''

I was honestly excited for Nate to go to Duke. I on the other hand was accepted to the University of Maryland along with Kam.

"Let see if mommy can find us something cute to wear tonight.''

''Nate!'' I called.

''Blake.'' Nate smiled at me as he pulls me into a hug.

''Where's Keith?''

''He had a little fever so mom's watching him. But Kayson here is excited to see you.''

I hand him his six month old niece.

''Here to support your favorite uncle?'' Nate asked, kissing her cheek.

"You're good with babies.'' I state, shooting him a side ways glance.

''Can you wait till after this ceremony to berate me, please.''

''Yeah, I suppose so. Want us to sit up there with you?''

''I don't think you're allowed to.''

''Fine..''

''But you can walk up there with me.''

I smiled, nodding my head.

''Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to City Hall. It's my pleasure to host this press conference not just as your mayor ... but as an awfully proud father and now, without further ado, I'd like to present a young man with an enormously bright future. My son, Nathan Scott.''

Nate offers me his arm and Kayson back as we walk up stage. I stood beside Whitey, who raised a brow at me.

''As, uh, many of you know, I called this press conference today to announce where I plan to play basketball in college. I've had a lot of great offers but it's always been my dream to play at Duke University.''

I smiled at my brother as Kayson Mae claps her hands along with everyone else.

''So, uh, that's--that's where I plan to go. But you know, my, uh, my father ... said that today would be the greatest day of my life and you're right, dad, it is but it's not because of basketball, you see, today I learned that my wife, Haley, is pregnant And while it's an absolute honor ...to be recruited by Duke University. I guess what I have to say to you today is this ... where I play basketball--if I play basketball is no longer a decision for me to make alone ... it's a decision that I'll make with my wife and my family's best interest at heart and when I do I'll let you all know and my wife couldn't be here today so I just wanted to say one thing to her. Haley no matter what happens, we'll face it together but I promise you this, I've never been happier. Everything's gonna be okay, I love you. Thank you.''

As Nathan steps away from the mic, I pull him into a hug.

''I'm proud of you little brother.''

''Thanks... and thanks for trying to talk some sense into me. You're a good sister and I hope my kid is half as good as you.''

''Well I hope Keithy becomes a man just like you.''