Return of the Future

I was walking with Kam out of the school after a losing basketball game

''Look.''

I look over and saw Brooke running to Keith.

''Uncle Keith!'' I yell, going as fast as I could over to the man.

He wraps me in a hug once he let go of Brooke.

''Hey!'' Luke yelled.

''Oh and two; can't you do anything right without me, huh?''

''Keith.'' Luke smiled.

''Hey, niece, nephew!''

Keith pulls Luke into a group hug with me.

''It is so great to have you back! Is Jules with you?'' Brooke asked, making me frown.

''Uhh, no''

''Good. I never liked her, by the way.'' I add making the males laugh.

'' I'm, um,... I'm gonna... crash on my couch – give you three some catch-up time. It's so good to see you.'' Brooke said.

''Hmmm, you too.''

''You, on the other hand, I never want to see again!''Brooke said to Luke.

''I'm going to go home too. I'll see you guys later. Nice to see you again Keith.'' Kam waved before skipping away.

''I guess that makes you... oh and three, huh?'' Keith wrapped an arm around Luke and I.

''So, how is it?''

''Not bad. Oh, it's good to see you.'' Luke answered the older man.

''Look at you B. Looks like I came back in time.''

''Sure did Uncle Keith. I'm glad.''

''OK, so, what's the story with Brooke? You're back together and...and she says she never wants to see you again?'' Keith raises a brow as we walk through the streets. Luke let out a laugh before answering.

''Yeah, we're back together. But she wrote... letters over the summer and I've been reading one a day and kinda teasing her.''

''Hmmm, love letters.''

''Well, that's uh,... one step up from tattoos.'' I chirped causing them to laugh.

We walk up half way to the big fountain before stopping and taking a seat.

''Look, um,... I know you were upset with us when you left. I shoulda told you about Jules.'' Luke said.

''Yeah, you should have. But,... you know, that's a tough one. Keith, your, uh,... lunatic brother hired your fiancé to sleep with you and break your heart. Up for a game of horse?''

I let out a giggle.

''I know, but, I-''

''Hey, look, Luke,... I forgave you guys a long time ago. You were protecting me, you know? And... messed up as it was, you did what you thought was right.''