Dont Dream Its Over

Kam, Killian, Merida, Kayson, Keith and I all sat around a table at K&S Bakery for breakfast

''Here are the blueberry muffins.'' Kam smiles.

''And here are the chocolate chip ones, eat up.'' I grinned, taking a bite.

''So, Killian, you excited to start school?'' I asked, making the boy shake his head.

''Not really, being the new kid sucks.''

''You know Kam was new to Tree Hill once.'' "Oh yeah, only it was junior year, and I met a pregnant girl who became my best friend.''

"I don't think a ten year old is going to be pregnant.'' Killian laughed, handing a napkin to Merida.

''Maybe you can get a friend with a puppy.'' Keith spoke up, ''Or join the basketball team.'' Kayse adds.

"You know, they even have dance classes here at Tree Hill.'' I suggest also.

''Dance? Like ballroom? No thanks.''

"No, I mean like hip hop, there is even a team when you hit high school.''

Killian's face turns into a smile, ''Really?''

''Oh yeah, Mikey was on it.'' Kam admits, thinking about all the times he'd watch his husband dance in high school.

"Cool!''

"I'm in Keithy's and Kaysons classes, thank god.'' Merida sighs, her small hand smoothing back her hair.

''You can help me beat up Kathy Bakers and Louis Holly, they keep being mean to Keithy.''

''Oh its on girl.''

Kam and I share a look before looking at the girls, '' No fighting.''

''Mama how come grandpa Dan was sent away?'' Keith asks as we made our way towards the school.

"You mean to heaven?''

''No. We mean to prison.''

When we came to a stop, I turned my head to the kids, "Who told you that?''

''Jamie. Uncle Skills told him.'' Kayson shrugs.

''So?'' Keith asked, making me frown.

"You two are going to be late, come on, out.'' I forced a grin onto my face as each kid blew out a breath before kissing my cheek and heading toward a teacher.

''Skills!''

I barged into the man's apartment as he and Nate were talking.

''You told Jamie my dad went to prison because he didn't clean his room?'' Nate exclaims, shaking his head.

''Look, I was stuck. I mean, he comes up to you with those baby-seal eyes like... I mean, he just gets you all confused, man.''

''You're supposed to play dumb, not scare the hell out of him.''