You Have to be Joking

''Twins ready for the talent show?'' Brooke asks me as she took a sip of coffee

"Yeah they won't tell me what they're doing, which concerns me a little bit. But hey, it'll be fine.''

''At least she isn't sneaking boys out of their room.''

''Sam?''

"Yeah, she said they weren't doing anything, but at fifteen? The lies were flying.''

''What do you mean? I wasn't having sex at fifteen.''

''I'm sorry I forgot sixteen was your age preference.''

''Fuck off. I mean maybe she was telling the truth B?''

''Maybe i'm still nailing her windows shut.''

''Thats not very legal Brooke.''

''Mommy have you heard from Uncle Nate? His try outs were today.'' Kayson explains.

''Not yet baby. He just got there.''

''Oh I hope he makes it.''

''On another note are you two going to tell me what youre doing today?"'

''Not a chance.''

''So who all know what you're doing?''

''Uncle Kam and Uncle Mike.''

''They know and i don't?''

''They're helping us mom.''

Later that night I found myself seated beside Kam, Mikey, Haley and Nate was we waited for our kids to come on.

''Here he comes!'' Hales announces as Jamie sat by the piano.

''He looks so cute!'' I gush lightly.

''He's nervous.''

''Hi, my name is James Lucas Scott, and I'm gonna play "the first noel."

Jamie began to play but before long he was missing the notes. He made eye contact with me and i sent him a wink.

''This is awkward ... How's everyone doing tonight? ... Last week, my mom asked me how I liked going to school ... I told her, "not as much as I like coming home from it." And seriously, what's with the cafeteria food? I mean, i can't tell if kids are out sick from eating that stuff, or we're actually eating the kids who are out sick. Take my hot lunch...please. And now, the big finish ... Something like that. What do you want from me? I'm 5. Thank you and good night!''

''Yes Jamie! Good job baby!'' I yell grinning ear to ear.

''Next we have Kayson and Keith Scott.''

"Now they look adorable.'' Nathan comments seeing his niece and nephew dressed in 50's clothes.

They began to dance and sing to a GREASE song.

''How on earth did you get them to do this?''I look at Kam.

''We didn't. They saw an old video of you and Luke doing 'the one that i want' and decided to do a Grease one too."

I couldn't stop grinning as i made my way to the twins after the show.

''You two were amazing. I am so proud of you.''

''You really liked it mama?''

''It was amazing Keithy, and mama got it all on camera.''

''What about me Aunt Blake?''

''Oh you know I got you on camera too, my little comedian.''