Every Day is a Sunday Evening

(Not mine

(Not mine. Found on google)

"So, you think the boys got it tonight?'' I asked Haley, as we stand in the halls outside the gym.

The team was facing Oakridge tonight.

Haley nods her head.

''Totally. How're the twins today?''

''Fine. They're with Deb at the Cafe right now. I'm going to swing by and pick them up after the game tonight.''

''How's it feel knowing your man's season ends tonight?''

I turned my head to see a cocky boy swaggering his way over to us.

''Don't count on it.''

The boy tilts his head at me.

''Who're you?''

''Blake Scott. You?'' I quirk a brow.

''Damien West and you smell great. Can't wait to see how you taste.'' I pushed the boy back as he leaned towards me.

''Get off her.'' Haley snaps stepping in front of me.

''It's okay if you want me instead. Give in to it, baby.'' The boy then grabs a hold of Haley, making me push at him again.

''Hey. Damien West, Dan Scott.''

Damien let Haley go as he turned to shake hands with Dan, who yanks the younger boy towards him.

''That's Mayor Dan Scott. And if you ever touch my daughter, Blake, or daughter-in-law, Haley again, I'll end your career. Have a good game.''

I shared a wide eyed look with Haley as Damien walked away followed by Dan.

It felt nice to be in my cheer uniform again. I may not have been cheering but damn did I look good. I was standing beside Brooke and Haley as that Damien kid pushed my brother.

''You did that on purpose!'' Haley yells, pushing Damien.

''Hey, bitch, get off me!''

''Don't call her that!'' I shout as I shove the boy further back.

'' Hey!''

''Hey. Break it up! Break it up!''

Haley pushes back Damien, whereas Brooke tries to retain it, with me glaring from the side. Nathan comes to defend Haley which leads to a fight.

''Break it up! You guys, break it up!''

''Are you okay?'' Brooke asked us once we had all settled down and was watching Nathan shoot his free throws.

''Yeah.''

We watch as he misses the first.

''Is that blood?'' I asked, trying to get a better look at Nathan's jersey.

I watch as they called a time out and Nate was led off the floor. I smiled when I saw who walked in.

''Hey, It's hot Uncle Cooper.'' I state, making my way over to the other man.

''Coop!''

''Blake, you're not pregnant anymore!''

The older man hugs me before pulling back.

''Nope. had them two and a half months ago. You need to stop by and see them.''

''I will, if they look anything like you, I bet they're cute as hell.''

''Awe quit it, you're making me blush. So Nate said you followed some girl here?''

''Yeah, I think she's the one.''

''Really? I mean if a man hoe like you can find someone, that means i still have a shot.'' I joke, making him laugh.

''I always knew you were the funny one of your siblings.''

''Don't forget the hottest.''

''Ah, yes. That too.''

I notice Nate walk back out and look over at Coop.

''I should get back. I'm the reason the squad looks so damn sexy.''

''The most important part of the job.''

With a peck on the cheek I left him and returned to my spot beside Rachel and Haley. The game continued and we watched as Nathan made the winning shot.

''Fuck yeah! My brother whooped ass!'' I shouted, running over to Nate and pulling him into a hug.

''Did you hear that Peyton went to visit Jake?" Kam asked me as we both walk with the twins back home.

''Yeah... I heard Brooke talking to her on the phone.''

''Are you okay?''

''Surprisingly yeah.... I loved Jake... but those two have a connection that I can only dream about. I believe I'll find someone one day. Someone who will love me. Love my babies. That day may not be now or in the next few years. But it will happen. If Haley can make it work with Nathan after all they been through, there is still hope for me.''