Hold My Hand As Im Lowered

"Thanks for coming with me Blake

"Thanks for coming with me Blake."

"No problem Brother. I'm your emotional support human. How'd Haley take it anyways?"

"I know she believes me... it's just she knows it looks bad."

"You'll get through this, you guys always do."

"So... grand and she signs a confidentiality agreement. She goes away, and you have nothing to do with the kid." Clay explains to Nate as my eyes rake his body.

"I already have nothing to do with the kid. It's not mine. Why is she doing this to me?"

My hand pats my brothers shoulder as he frowned. "Because you make a lot of money, and because you're in the middle of a very public contract negotiation with a team that cares about its image and the only team that you want to play for. Which leads me to this.Maybe we pay her."

"Pay her?" I repeat scrunching my brows.

"Tell me you did not just say that." Nate quirks a brow.

"I did, because I'm your agent, and I wouldn't be a very good one if I didn't least point out the fact that she could do a hell of a lot of damage If she went public with this or filed a paternity suit."

"It's not true. I'll take a blood test."
"And by that point, the damage could be done. Nate, your next contract could be worth $18 million to $20 million minimum, Not to mention the endorsement deals that are predicated on the fact that Nathan Scott is a good guy, he's a good father, and he's a family man."

"She's lying."

"So she's lying. You know the way it works, man. They print the accusation on the front page and the retraction on the back."

"If he pays her, then He's saying that He did it." I spoke up, head tilted.

"I disagree. I think you're paying a little for a lot, and that's all. And all I'm saying is that it's a valid option we should at least consider before she... goes public. Great. Here comes the press."

A smile graces my face as Mouth walks up.

"Hey, Nate, Blake."

"Hey." "Hey Mouth."

"Clay. Hey. Nate, can I talk to you?"

"About what?" clay asks eyes shifting from one friend to another.

"Clay. I'm cool. I'll catch up with you."

"Nate..."

"I just want to talk to an old friend, okay?"

"Okay."

"want me to come?" I ask my brother who shook his head.

"Nah I'm okay but if you had a lemonade and some snacks from the bakery I won't be as sad. "