Life is Short

"I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever

"I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever.'' I groan, sinking into Mikey and Kam's couch.

''It's been like three days.'' Tommy deadpans.

''Which is like thirty years to Kameron here. He wouldn't shut up about you and him not having yalls bonding time. Said something about moving back into the attic with you.''

Kam rolls his eyes, ''I am not that dramatic.''

''Uh yeah you are. You fell to the ground earlier cause dad made blueberry pancakes instead of chocolate chip.'' Merida scrunches her face from where she was coloring with the twins.

''You guys are mean. The only one on my side is Killian.''

''Yeah, I don't care what you guys are doing. When's Jamie's party? I'm ready for some cake.''

I smile at the little boy beside me, ''Its this afternoon. Which reminds me i have to go help Haley set up. Come on kids.''

''Can I come with you aunt B, please?'' Merida pouts, lips poking out.

''I don't see why not. Let's roll out.''

''Everything looks really good today Hales.''

''Yeah, thanks for helping me decorate.''

''Its the least I can do, you help me set up the twins party last time.''

''Still... Can you believe their six now?''

''Of course not, can you believe little Jamie is five?''

''Don't remind me. My baby is growing up.''

''Guess who I saw this morning.''

My head tilted at my brother as I stole a cookie.

''I have a feeling I'm not gonna like this.'' Haley sing songed.

''Dan showed up at the gym.''

''Don't you find it creepy that your dad hangs out around a high-school gym?'' I ask, brow raised.

''He's Dan. It's all creepy.''

''What did he want?''

''He wanted an invite to Jamie's birthday party. And don't worry, I told him it's not gonna happen.''

''Well, you're stronger than I am, 'cause Jamie's been asking me all week if his grandpa Dan's gonna come to his birthday party, and I have been dodging the subject altogether.''

''Excellent parenting. Blake what did you tell the twins when Keith wanted Dan at theirs?''

''Told them Dan was out of town on a trip. Of course Kayson didn't believe me so I bribed her with five dollars to keep quiet.''

''That's amazing parenting.'' Nate laughed. ''I try.''

''I don't blame him for wanting to get to know his grandpa. I just wish his grandpa wasn't Dan.'' Haley made a face, placing snack bowls out.