Truth Doesn't Make a Noise

T.H. White said, ''perhaps we all give the best of our hearts uncritically...to those who hardly think about us in return.''

I lay with Lucas at the Rivercourt. We were both listening to music, though I was reading 'Pride and Prejudice' for the hundredth time. I put my book down as I looked up at the shadow that was blocking the sun from Luke and I, I saw Nathan.

''Three questions. You ready?'' Nathan asks as Luke and I take an earphone out.

''Was that your first one?'' Lucas asked.

''Number one, what happened to your hair?''

Did I mention Luke cut his beautiful hair off? Well he did...

''I left it in Charleston. You and Haley still married?''

''Yeah, she hasn't thrown me out yet. Number two, why'd you come back?''

''It was the right thing to do. Which actually brings me to my number two; how's your......how's Dan doing?'' Luke looks up at Luke.

I look expectantly at the younger boy as well.

''Oh, he's alright. He's still alive, probably freaking out about me and Haley; like my mom.''

''Hm.''

''Alright, last question; you regret all that 'you're my brother' stuff, now that you're back?''

''Absolutely. You?'' Luke smirked.

''Definitely.''

''Shut up. You guys love each other.'' I roll my eyes.

''We love you Blake.'' Luke states, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

''Oh yeah, definitely.'' Nathan winks, kicking me lightly.

I shook my head, going back to my book.

''So I can totally see your family tripping out. I mean I freaked out and I'm not even related to Haley.'' Luke laughs standing up before helping me up as well.

''Actually,You are now.'' Nathan pats him on the back.

''Besides, Blake was the only one who didn't freak out.'' Nathan added slinging an arm around my shoulder.

Luke and i stood in a big empty room waiting on Brooke and Peyton. I wave to the two as they approached us.

''What do you think?  I was thinking; bar right over there.'' Luke started, gesturing to the far end of the hall.

''Then some lights...DJ, right over here...'' I point toward the stage.

''And then, uh, the three of us trying to be friends...right about, um, well, there.'' Luke walks up to the pair, looking hopeful.

''OK, totally confused over...here.'' Brooke pointed to herself and Peyton.

''We wanna throw a party for Nathan and Haley OK?'' I cheered.