The First Cut is the Deepest

Hobbling my way through the school on my crutches, my eyes narrow as I see Jake walking with Peyton

Hobbling my way through the school on my crutches, my eyes narrow as I see Jake walking with Peyton. I tilting my head i sigh as finally Jake's eyes caught mine and he smiled. I waited as he made his way towards me.

"Let me take that.'' Jake grabs my backpack and kisses me deeply.

''Thanks. My shoulder is killing me.''

''Why aren't you at home? You're not supposed to be here till next week.''

''I couldn't look at Luke. Brooke came over crying last night.. What were you and Peyton talking about??''

''I asked her to watch Jen this weekend.''

''I could have watched her...'' I looked down.

''No you can't, because I'm hoping you'd come with me to my cousin's wedding.''

''Really? I'd love too.''

"Great, cause I wasn't gonna take no for an answer."

"Woah, nice car." I whistle as I shuffle over to Nathan and Haley.

"Dan gave it to him. "

''Ew, give it back.'' I scrunched my face up.

''Hey, if iI'm gonna live like this, I might as well get whatever I want.''

''True. Give me a ride to Keith's?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Yeah. Hurry though, I have practice.''

I scuttle into Keith's shop and sit beside where hes working. He is so focused on the job he hasnt even noticed me.

''Hey Uncle Keith.'' I smiled.

''B, what're you doing here?''

"Wanted to come see my favorite uncle.''

''I'm your only uncle.''

''Favorite none the less.''

''How's your mother?''

''Fine. She'll forgive you soon Uncle Keith.''

''Yeah..''

After a while of hanging out with Keith, Dan decided to come and interrupt us.

''Hey. I heard a rumor this place was for sale. Some financial crisis? Don't tell me you're trying to make good on a certain nice and nephew's medical expenses.''

"What?'' I asked looking at my uncle.

''I don't have time for your jabs today, Danny.'' Uncle Keith stated shaking his head slightly.

''Tell you what. I'll buy the place.''

''Yeah right.'' i scoffed.

''No, I'm serious. I'll pay you market value for the property. You could pay off your debts with the profits. Meanwhile you could reopen the service center and run the place at a fair salary.''