The Same Deep Water as You

My eyes stay trained on the clock as my arms wrap around Haley's and Luke's wrapped around the both of ours

My eyes stay trained on the clock as my arms wrap around Haley's and Luke's wrapped around the both of ours. Who knew the same day something amazing occurred, so could something horrible.

**Flashback**

We were heading home when we saw a panicked Haley flagging us down.

''The limousine-with Cooper-went off the bridge and then-and then Nathan jumped over and he hasn't come up for a really long time.'' Hales sobbed.

Our eyes land on the river where we see a body float up.

'' NATHAN!''

'' NATHAN!'' I yell as Luke shrugged off his jacket and jumps into the water feet first.

I quickly check on the babies, seeing that they were asleep before I continued to peer over the side of the bridge.

''Did you call nine-one-one?!'' Mom screams, grabbing Haley by the shoulders.

''I did! I called them!HELP HIM, LUKE!''

Luke grabs the body and tries to drag it to the shore.

''NATHAN!''

''IT'S COOPER!''

"I'll go to Coop, you stay with Haley.'' I tell my mother before I ran and kneeled beside the older man.

''AAH! I CAN'T FIND HIM!'' Luke yells still searching the water as I make sure Cooper was breathing .

''WHAT?!''

''I CAN'T FIND HIM!''

''WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! HE'S DOWN THERE!''

''NO! THE CAR IS EMPTY! ''

''NATHAN!''

'' NATHAN!''

Luke swims back under water before he comes back up.

''I CAN'T FIND HIM! NATHAN!''

''NATHAN!''

''Nathan! ''

My eyes scan the river before they land on my little brother and Rachel.

'' Luke! The other bank!!!"' I scream, making my twin's head turn before he took off swimming.

''HALEY, DON'T LOOK! ''

Haley walks to the other side where Nathan is as mom stays where she is, keeping a look on everyone.

''Oh, GOD!NATHAN!''

**End**

I had called Kam to meet me at the hospital, he had taken the twins home, where he and Danny constantly texted me.

''Someone needs to call Dan.'' Luke states, standing up.

''I'll go get us some hot chocolate.'' I offer.

As I made my way back I spotted mom.

''Hey mommy.''

''Hey baby. You know where your brother is?''

''Yeah follow me.''

I led my mother to the nursery window, where my brother was just hanging up his phone. I hand him his beverage before mom spoke.

''Hey, any news, ma?'' Mom shook her head 'no.'

''We need to talk about this pregnancy.''

''Keith would be so happy. I can't believe you're having his baby.'' Luke smiled, making me agree with my brother.

''I'm not talking about that pregnancy ... who's test did you find at the reception? Was it Brooke's?''

''I'm not sure yet.''

''I'm your mother, Lucas, and considering that I was pregnant at 17 and your sister also , I just want to know if ... history is repeating itself with my son and his girlfriend.''

Luke nodded as I look at my mom.

"You're not disappointed in me, because I repeated history?'' I ask, eyeing my mother.

''Do I wish you would have waited? Yes. But I love you and I love those little munchkins at home. You're an amazing mother, how could I be disappointed?''

I smiled, hugging my mom as Deb came to us.

''Nathan's awake.''

''So what? The wedding wasn't enough, you needed even more attention?'' Luke scoffs as we walked into Nate's room.

''I told you the Scott's have a flare for the dramatics.'' I laugh, kissing Nathan's cheek before i sat by his legs.

''Thank you, Luke..'' Nathan stated, holding his hand out.

''For what?''

'' For saving my life.''

''I just got Cooper to shore, man, you're the one who saved everybody ... you're a hero, Nate.''

"This is what I needed.'' I sighed.

I was piled up in bed with the twins, Kam and Danny.

''I bet you do. You're family can drive anyone insane.'' Kam joked.

''Did Kam tell you the news, Danny?''

''About your mom? Yeah I have yet to congratulate her.''

''Speaking of that... I just wanted to let you know that i'm thinking about moving out.''

My eyes land on Kam with a frown.

''What?"

''Danny lives by himself now, and with Karen having a baby, I just don't think there will be enough room for everyone.''

''Of course their will. I have it all planned.''

''Let's hear this plan then.'' Kam tilted his head, popping some grapes into his mouth.

''Well you are going to move into my room and me up here in the attic, with the twins, since its pretty spacious up here. That way my future brother or sister can stay in the nursery.''

'' I don't want to bother you.''

''I've actually been wanting to ask you to trade for awhile. It'd be easier for me to share a room with the twins anyways. Plus you know mom's not letting you move out till college. Might as well accept it.''

''Mom?''

She looks up from her book as I sat down on her bed.

''Yes?''

''Are you happy you're pregnant?''

''I was shocked, but I am. It's Keith's baby.''

''It's like he's still here... a part of him at least.''

''Yes it is..''

''Well I'm here to tell you I'm going to college here in Tree Hill.''

Mom closes her book and smiled at me.

''Why would you do that?''

''I don't think I can be a single mom away from you.... what if you need help with the baby and I'm not here to help? What if you miss the twins too much? What if I miss you too much?''

''You're way too smart for Tree Hill college sweetie. You're an amazing mother, you're going to do fine. You won't be that far away from me in the first place. You'll be okay darling.''

''You sure?''

''Of course I am. I raised one hell of a woman.''