With Arms Outstretched

"Hales, I'm completely fine

"Hales, I'm completely fine. Brooke came in just in time. Plus Luke smashed the guy's face in.'' I told my best friend.

"I just feel so bad. I wish I could've been there for you.''

''I know, but hey, it's fine. I'm fine. Peyton's fine. Everyone is fine.''

''Haley.''

Nathan came and pulled Haley into an empty classroom.

''Wellllll okay then...'' I laughed lightly.

A couple minutes later Haley came back out smiling.

''Ohhhh lalaalaa.'' I wiggled my brows at her.

''Oh shut it.'' Haley laughed dragging me down the hall.

''What is with all of my best friends wanting to kiss my brothers.'' I gagged.

''I mean Nathan's a terrific kisser, I don't know about Lucas though.'' Haley smirked at me.

''You're gonna make me throw up.''

''I let you tell me things about Jake.''

''I don't tell you anything about Jake and I.'' I lifted my head up.

'' 'My god Haley. The thing that boy can do with his ton-' '' My hand covered Haley's mouth quickly.

''Okay!! But you're not related to Jake, either. Are you?''

''Good point.''

''This is some good pizza.'' I moaned.

"you going to avoid the café for the next six weeks?'' Uncle Keith asked Luke.

We were all eating dinner at a pizzeria in town, because Lucas has been avoiding mom's cafe ever since Deb took over for mom.

''What, you don't like pizza?'' Luke tilted his head.

''Look I love pizza, but that's not the point.''

''Look, don't you find it a bit strange, having Nathan's mom running the café?'' Luke looked at us.

''No. I actually like Deb.'' I said taking a bite of pizza.

''Yeah. It's a little strange. It's also pretty gutsy of her. Dan's gotta be giving her a lot of grief about it. You know, Luke, you really oughtta give her a chance. Deb's okay. And when you think about it, when she got pregnant in college, her life changed a lot like your mom's did.'' Keith tried to explain to my brother.

''Yeah but Dan? Why does she stay with a guy like that?'' Luke asked,

''I think she's protecting her son.'' I said.

''Hey Handsome. Three more chapters and you're all mine.'' Brooke came up and leaned against my brother's side.

She sent me a smirk as she walked away.