The Tide that Left and Never Came Back

''You know its sad

''You know its sad. I started the year out with Haley and Jake by my side... now they're both gone and its slightly depressing.''  I tell Kam as we walk down the hallway to class.

''But you're going to finish it with me.'' Kam smiles, wrapping an arm around me.

''Hey, Jimmy.'' I greet the kid i grew up with, though with caution.

''Blake... its been awhile.''

''Yeah, why haven't you been around?'' I asked.

I notice the boys face fall.

''Here, I've been here...''

''Well, you should come hang sometimes. We all miss you. I'm sorry I didn't try to reach out since the last time. But I miss my movie partner." I grin at the boy.

''Yeah, right.''
Jimmy rushes passed me, making Kam look at me.

''Who was that?''

"Jimmy Edwards.. He used to be real close to Luke, Skills, Fergie, Junk, Mouth and I. I don't know why we haven't seen him around. I guess it didn't help that none of us really noticed he was gone."I shrug continuing onto class.

''One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.''

''Now little did Shaw realize at the time that his words would be the basis of your final.  I'd like you to write an essay on the meaning of Shaw's quote. It's due on Monday... and then your school year will be over.'' Our english teacher looks at us.

''I guess Haley's not coming back after all, huh?'' Brooke asked.

''Guess not.'' I said looking at my twin.

''Do you three wanna go on a road trip this weekend?'' Lucas asks as he came up to Brooke, Kam and i.

''OK, where?'' Kam asked.

''New York, to see Haley.''

I squint at my brother.

''Alright, odd I know, coming from me, but we do have finals.'' Brooke states.

''The essay.'' I tapped my paper.

''We'll bring our laptops! Whoever sits shotgun can do the typing; whaddaya say, huh?''

''And why Haley? Why now?'' I asked my brother.

''Because we started the year together... and I can't end it without seeing her.''

Kam and I nod our head.

''We're in. Always wanted to go to NY.'' Kameron said as he spoke for the both of us.

''OK. I'll go, we can talk.'' Brooke said as she saw Peyton walked by.

''This is exciting.'' Kameron whispers to me as we ride in the back of Brooke's car.