Blake, Nice to Meet You

I look around the party as I drank out of the alcohol bottle I picked up ufrom the kitchen

I look around the party as I drank out of the alcohol bottle I picked up ufrom the kitchen. This party literally sucked...okay, maybe I'm just being a debby downer, but I'm totally not having fun.

''You seem bored out of your mind.''

I turned my head to the right towards the voice.

''Guess I'm not really in a party mood... Plus everyone here is already shit faced.'' I laughed.

"True. I'm Kayson, but most people call me KJ.''

''T-Blake. Nice to meet you. '' I smiled, using my first name for once.

"So Blake, what's got you drinking like a sailor?''

"My life.'' I deadpanned.

KJ tilted his head at me.

"Wanna talk about it?''

''Maybe after I'm shit faced like the rest of these idiots.'' I laughed.

"If that's what you want.'' Kayson smiled

Hours later, KJ and I laid in the cab of his truck off in the woods. We were both messed up, but this is the most fun I've had with a guy in awhile. I also learned that KJ was on leave from the Army and that he was raised in the foster system, so he had no family.

"Fifteen foster homes? I'm so sorry.'' I hiccuped.

''It's whatever. How about you? Any family?''

''I have a twin brother, Lucas and a younger brother by three months named Nathan. I live with my mom and I see my Uncle Keith a lot. My sperm donor, Dan, doesn't really have anything to do with Luke and I... actually he hated us our whole lives. Nate, he's Dan's kid by another woman,hence the three month difference. Nathan's married to Haley, one of my best friends.''

"Must be nice to have a family, especially one so big.''

''Sometimes. But its like everyone's getting their shit together, but here I am, getting drunk with an army stranger.'' I huffed.

KJ passed me another beer.

''You'll get things together, Blake. It takes time...Is that why you're hell bent on getting shit faced?''

''No... It's Jake. He's my boy-ex boyfriend now. He had to leave for personal reasons, which I get, but he promised to keep in touch... I called him today, his number was disconnected. I thought I'd go to that party and find someone to take my mind off of him..'' I looked down, shaking my head.

''Hey, if he stopped answering you, that's his loss. You're an amazing person Blake, and I'm not just saying that cause I've drank... a lot.''

I turned my head toward KJ and smiled softly at him.

''Thank you.'' I whispered.

KJ grabbed the side of my face lightly and pulled me into a kiss. Soon our clothes were all over the cab of the truck and our arms tangled.

I laughed as KJ flipped us to where he was on top of me. He stared down at me like he was studying my face, before kissing me again.

"Thanks for the ride.'' I bit my lip.

''I can say the same.'' KJ winked jokingly.

It was now three in the morning and I had him drive me to Nate and Haley's.

"Shut up.'' I giggle pushing my hair behind my ear.

"So I was thinking we could hang out again. I leave in a few weeks to go back."

"Yeah totally.''

I grab his phone and put my number in it.

"I'll see you later.'' I leaned toward him.

''Yeah, you will.''

He leaned in and kissed me good-bye.

I slowly and quietly made my way to the apartment. I used my key to get in before heading to the kitchen. As I opened the fridge the light was turned on, causing me to turn around quickly and see a sleepy Haley.

"Hey.'' I laughed.

"Blake? Its three in the morning. Have you been drinking?''

''Yes I have. I had the most amazing time Hales.'' I sighed happily.

"I bet you did you smell like a brewery.'' She scrunched her nose up.

''Yeah...'' I gave her a sly smile.

Haley rolled her eyes playfully.

''What's up with you?''

''I met the boy of my dreams.'' I giggled, sliding down to the floor.

"Who? I thought you were still waiting on Jake.''

''Jake's over me so I'm over him... Anyways, his name is Kayson and he's amazing, and I'm not just talking about at sex.'' I winked.