All That You Cant Leave Behind

''Peyton's comic strip is very heart-tugging.'' I frowned.
''Yeah.'' My brother sighed.
I lifted my head up as I heard the door open to mom's cafe. Haley stopped dead in her tracks before turning around and leaving once more. Groaning I followed Lucas outside after her.
''Haley. How long are we going to do this?'' Lucas stated after we were all facing each other.
''Do what?'' She quipped.
''You two avoiding each other.'' I rolled my eyes.
''You tell me Luke. You're the one upset.'' She looked at my brother.
I nodded my head, she had a point.
''You're the one who lied to me.'' Luke snapped.
''I don't know what to say to you Luke.'' Haley looked at the ground.
''Just explain to me why you were with Nathan. Huh? I mean, considering the last few weeks and what he's done.'' Luke mumbled.
I rolled my eyes, my brother was acting like a baby.
''I can't.'' Hales stated sadly.
"You know how I feel about him, Haley.'' Luke said.
As he began to walk away I grabbed his arm and forced him to turn around.
''Lucas. Haley knows how you feel about Nathan.But news flash, she is only tutoring him because he promised to leave you alone.'' I snapped.
''What?'' Luke looked at me then at Haley.
''I'm doing it for you Luke.'' Haley sighed as she walked away.
I gave Haley a wave as I turned back to my brother.
''You're a dick.''
''Hmm.''
We turned to see Peyton speeding through red lights. My brother began to run after her.
''She does this every time around this time of year.'' I call after him  before walking back into the cafe.

I have been working at mom's cafe for a few hours now, but now I have Haley to help me and my brother to sit at the counter to stare at us.
''I'm an idiot.'' He stated.
''We know that already.'' I stuck my tongue out.
''I'm sorry. I miss hanging out with you Hales.'' Luke gave our friend his puppy eyes.
''Yeah. I miss hanging out with you too.'' Haley gave him a smile.
''Listen. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I do Haley-but how about you let me handle the team from now on, okay?'' Luke looked down at our friend.
''Okay.''
Haley went to clean a table before stopping once my brother opened his mouth.
''All right. so you can....stop tutoring him now.''
My mouth dropped a bit.
''Um no... I can't.'' Haley stated obviously.
''Haley.'' Luke stated.
''Luke. She promised, you know Haley doesn't break a promise.'' I snapped.
''And if I break that promise... I'm just as bad as you think he is.'' Haley sighed.
Haley walked away and I threw a cookie at Lucas's head.
''Jerk.'' I giggled wiping down the table beside him.
''Yeah.'' He sighed.
''Hey, Lucas, I'm looking forward to see you play in the father/son game this year. Good article about you and your pops.''
Lucas and i looked down at the article the man laid in front of Luke. "Great Scott: A Basketball Tradition Lives On ," under the title was a picture of Nathan and Dan.
''What the shit is this?'' I growled.
I yanked the paper up.
''Wow the way you're acting you'd think they mentioned you.'' Luke sarcastically stated.
''Who would've known that Dan Scott's basketball pedigree would be inherited by his two sons, Nathan Scott and Lucas? Not only that, but his athletic and good looks were also passed down to co-head cheerleader Blake Scott. He must be one proud father.... Piece of shit.'' I seethed.

I threw the article down on the counter.

"I don't even look like that bastard and did they forget that MOM was a cheerleader?!"

My hand landed on the counter and Lucas looked at me sternly.

''Have a cookie.''

Luke passed me a chocolate chip cookie. Huffing I bit into it and moaned.

''That is one sound I never needed to hear.'' My brother grimaced before getting up.

''It was a lovely sound!!" I called out to him.

"So are you and Nate okay?'' I questioned my blonde friend.

"Yeah. We're just not dating anymore.''

''Have you told him that?'' I pointed at Nathan walking over here.