Remember me as a Time of Day

"You know, I, uh ... I'm in a little... I'm in a little over my head here. I took her home, and, uh ... I'm doing what I can, but... but she needs her mom. I need her mom. She doesn't even have a name. We were supposed to do that together. I can't do this without you. And I'm just ... afraid ... that we're gonna lose you, and it's just gonna be the two of us. And she doesn't even have a name."

I frown as I watch tears build in my brothers eyes as we continued to sit with Peyton after the birth of her daughter.

"Sawyer. Her name's Sawyer, okay?"

I let out a joyful sob as Peytons eyes open.

"Okay. Sawyer Scott. God, you scared me. Oh, my god."

"Peyton."

Brooke pulls me forward as she forgot to let my hand go.

"You said you would disown me if I left without permission." Peyton smiles at her best friend.

"Yeah. I'm about to be your second-best girl when you meet your new one."

"Is she okay?"

"She's beautiful. She's right outside, I'll go grab her."I announce pecking the blondes cheek.

I walked out and picked up Sawyer from her nurse before heading back inside and handing her to her mom.

"Well,well."

"Mom."

"mama!" I rush to my mom pulling her into a much needed hug.

"My baby's had a baby. And she's beautiful." Mom says as she brings Lucas into a hug and stared lovingly down at the newest Scott.

"I remember sitting on these steps, talking to you two about joining the ravens."

"That seems so long ago."

"It feels like yesterday, actually. Lily wrote you guys a letter." Mom hands is a letter.

"She's writing already? What, wasn't  she born, like, four days ago?" Luke chuckles as he reads the letter.

"No, that was your daughter, dad." Mom jokes as I lay my head down I'm her shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever, grandma Karen."

"Look, I know you can't stay, but before you go, I just really ... I really wanted to say thank you."

"Lucas... "

"No, no, no, no, no, no. You helped me through all of it. And you were selfless and strong. And ... if I'm half the parent that you were, then Sawyer is gonna be just fine."

"She's gonna be more than fine." I say

"Remember how you always told me to see the magic in the world? I still do."

Mom pats my leg, "Now take me to see my other grand babies."

The twins stayed with Jack at the house as I was with Lucas day. mom and I walked into the living room and Jack smiled.

"Mom this is Jack, Tommy's adopted son."

"Nice to finally meet you Mrs Karen."

"Just call me Aunt Karen everyone else does."

"Keithy! Kayson! Someone's here to see you!"

The twins came running into the room, "Grandma!"

Keith tackles her into a hug as Kayse widely grins.

"There's my babies."

Mom hugs Kayson before she stood up.

"You two have grown so big. What are you now? 16?"

"More like seven going on eight grandma." Kayson held up eight fingers .

"Oh my..."

"Where's Lily?" Keith asks.

"Lily's at home, she couldn't make the trip this time."

Kayson frowned, "oh no."

"It's alright darling. She wanted me to tell you two that your aunt misses you."

"Still not gonna call her that. She's younger than us." Kayson wrinkles her nose.

"By a whole year!" Keith adds.

"You made it! You're a fucking Bobcat!" I yell, throwing myself in my younger brothers arms as the twins ran to his legs.

"I did! It's official-"

"My daddy's in the NBA!" Jamie yells as his cousins hug him cheerfully.

"Do you know that this means?" Kayson asks as she looks at the boys who shook their heads.

"It means we get a Bobcat jersey with our names on it!"