Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye

"You're wife got lucky

"You're wife got lucky. She snagged the big tippers from me.'' I stated, slightly frowning.

Nathan raises his brow as he looked at Haley, who held up a hundred dollar bill.

''You made all this today?''

''Yeah, on one table. That's them leaving now. Hey, guys! Please come again.''

''Maybe set at my table next time?'' I laughed, flipping my hair.

Both men smiled at us.

''Count on it.''

With a nod both men was out the door with Nathan following shortly afterwards.

''Do you realize how petty this is?'' Kam asks Brooke as the three of us exit her car.

I had just finished my shift at mom's cafe and was going with Brooke to decorate for the basketball banquet.

''Yes, well that's me.''

''Peyton, I brought you something. Thought you could use it.'' Brooke handed the blonde the box, making Kam and I avoid eye contact.

''Am I missing something?'' Sawyer asked, eyeing the empty box.

''It's a to-go box... you know, since you're screwing my leftovers.''

Kam's giggle turned into a cough, both of us praising Brooke's insult.

''Really, Brooke? You seriously went through the trouble of bringing me an actual to-go box?''

''At least you're a dedicated bitch.''

''Says the dedicated slut. For the record, I'm not screwing Lucas. I know you have trouble comprehending two people in bed together actually just sleeping.''

''Remember, Peyton, I gave Lucas to you, and I can take him back whenever I want.''

''Brooke, are you listening to yourself? If you decide to get back with Lucas, you better mean it, 'cause he deserves to be with somebody who loves him.''

''Someone like you?''

Brooke walked away making me look at Peyton.

"I am so sorry for her. You know how she gets.''

''Yeah, its like the third grade all over again.''

''What happened in the third grade?'' Kam asked.

''Peyton got asked to the Sock Hop by Vega, after he ate lunch with Brooke for a whole week. Lets just say Brooke was the queen of petty back in the gap as well.'' I laughed.

''Look at this thing.'' Kam fake gags, looking at the flowers.

''These are ugly.''

''Yeah, they're pretty ugly. Who cares?''