I Forgot to Remember to Forget

(Killian and Merida)**Three Years Earlier**

**Three Years Earlier**

"How much longer until they leave? My god, do they know how hard is is to carry around two year olds?'' I huffed as I struggled to hold the twins as Hales and I wait for my brothers to finish their college basketball practice.

''There's my little track star.'' Nathan grins as he pecked Jamie on the head.

"Here, make yourself useful and grab a kid.'' I state, handing Kayson over to her uncle.

'' Ball.''

All of our heads turn towards Jamie, a smile plastered on Nate's lips.

''Did you hear that? He just said "ball." I swear he just said "ball." He said "ball," man. ''

''He's definitely your son!'' I giggled, sharing a smile with Haley.

''And he's a lucky kid. You look more and more like me every day.'' Luke brags as he grabbed Keithy from my arms to hold.

Later that night...or shall I say morning, I sat awake in the living room with Haley. She was holding Jamie as I tried to shush Keithy back to sleep. For some reason he and Jamie liked to keep the same sleep schedule.

''Hey'' ''Hi.''

I wave at my twin as he came to sit on the couch.

''What time is it?''My sister in law yawned, a hand going to cover her mouth.

''Almost 4:30. I couldn't sleep either.''

''Yeah, neither could they.'' I stated the obvious while motioning between the boys.

''You just excited about seeing Peyton or the game or what?''Hales asked.

''Actually, Peyton's not coming. She couldn't get away from work.''

'' I'm sorry, Luke. I guess that's life in the music business.''

''I guess. Do you ever miss it?''

''Sometimes. Especially when I see you chasing your dreams of being a writer or Blake chasing hers to be a social worker. But, I'll get back to chasing my dreams someday.''

''All I have to show for my writing career is a stack of rejection letters. Besides, when I see the three of you together and the three of you Blake... I just want what you guys have.''

''Believe being a single parent is hell, but you know we couldn't have done this last year without you, I mean yeah Kam's a big help but he's been spending a lot of time with Mikey.''

"You living here and helping, between school and basketball and the kids..we'd have lost our minds.'' Haley finished with a light smile. ''I know it's hard to be away from Peyton.''

''We all made sacrifices. I mean, for the first time in your academic career, you're getting B's.'' I comment towards Haley, making Luke laugh.

''It was B-plus, okay? Besides what about you?'' "What about me?''