Bridge Over Troubled Water

''Hey, Hales

''Hey, Hales.''

''Thanks for meeting me, B. I couldn't come here alone, you know, just in case.''

''Just in case he's rotting on the floor?'' ''Yep.''

I look over at the twins, ''Stay here with Jaime and aunt Haley. I'll be right back.''

Both kids nod as they listened to Jaime tell them about the cemetery.

''Hi. I'm looking for Dr.Thornton. It's about Dan Scott, my, uh. father. And I was wondering if you could just have the doctor call me. Okay. Thank you. Hey, skills. Are you okay?'' I ask as Haley and I sat around her island kitchen.

''Nate ain't here, is he?''

''No, you're safe. But you look, uh, not so great.''Haley frowned a bit.

'' Deb broke up with me.''

''Well, I guess you can tussle with a cougar, but you're gonna get bit.'' I comment with a wink.

''Why everybody think it's a big joke?''

''Deb's just done a lot of wacky things in her life. We never thought you'd be one of them.''

''Says you, i just didn't think you'd be the first friend she went with.'' I shrug.

Skills shot me a look, ''Look, I know it sounds crazy, but I really have feelings for her.''

''Really? Well, all right. Well, let's, uh. let's be realistic about this. How many good years do you think Deb has left?'' Haley laughs.

''Fine, laugh all you want. I just thought maybe you could talk to Nate for me.''

''Oh, no. I don't want to get in the middle of this. No, thank you.''

''Come on, Haley. You know we always had each other's backs., you too Blake.''

''I'll see what I can do. Maybe you should just man up and talk to Nathan yourself.''

''So you went by Dan's?'' Tommy questions, passing me some food in his office.

''Yea. Q's death has the kids on edge, then Jamie found Dan's future plot. The kids are freaking out over it.''

''Well was he there?''

''No. Actually it looked as though he hadn't been there for awhile.''

''He hasn't tried to contact after the kids abduction either, huh?''

''Right, do you think something's wrong? I mean it is Dan, so i'm not sure.''

''I don't know, Like you said, its Dan.''

''You two okay with being here?''

''Yeah mama, we promise.''

''The game is for Q mommy.'' Kayson calls out.

"Okay.''

''Scotts!'

The twins and I lift our heads and found Merida and Killian running over.

''Dad and daddy have you seats saved. Haley, Nathan and Jamie are over there too.'' Merida grins, hand slipping into Keith's and pulling us along.

As the game continueds I couldn't help but picture Quintin Fields running around the court, his signature smirk on his face. It really broke my heart watching his mother and younger brother cheer on the game, like their life depended on it.

''Hello?''

I looked over at Haley as she continued to speak before hanging up.

''What's wrong?''

''Uh. That was Dan's doctor. Apparently, they had a heart for him and he never answered their call.''

''Then he really has gone off to die.'' Nathan comments.

I made eye contact with Haley and gave a slight nod....we're gonna have to find Dan now.