What Do You Go Home To?

(James, Kayson, Keith, and Merida

(James, Kayson, Keith, and Merida.)

"Smells good in here.'' i announce as I pulled two sleepy kids with me into my brother's house.

''Yeah, I made some french toast.'' Haley grins.

''It's totally good, Aunt Blake.''

''It totally is.'' Kayson agrees as she bit into her awaiting breakfast along with Keith, ''Totally.''

Nathan comes in and kisses Haley before pecking my head and taking a seat to eat.

I stood at the counter munching as i watch the two in front of me.

''Good morning.''

''What're your guys day like?'' Nate asks, eyeing us.

''Mostly just playing with Keithy and Kayson.'' Jaime answered.

''My day's not bad either. I'm just gonna finish grading these papers and then B and I are going over to see Peyton for a little bit, and then you and I have to interview the N-A-N-N-I-E-S.'' Haley states, looking at me for conformation as I nodded with a mouth full of syrup.

''I hate it when you spell.'' Jamie made a face.

''Don't say, "hate."''

''He just thinks it's D-U-M.'' Kayson took up for her cousin as Jamie nodded,''Yeah.''

''Add a "B" to the end of that, or you will be, too. Kids, what do you think about going to practice with me today?''Nathan winked at Kayse.

''Can I?''

''Really?''

''I don't know. It's a big step. What do you think, moms?'' Nathan looked at us.

''Please be careful.''Haley sighs.

''And Kayson make sure you don't hurt the older boys' feeling, they're fragile.''

''Okay mommy I'll let them know.''

''Sweet! I'll go get my jersey. Thanks, mama. I L-O-V-E you!'' Jamie shouts running off with his cousins.

''I L-O-V-E you, too, smarty-pants.''

''Kids got your brains. I just figured out that you were spelling "nannies."''Nate jokes.

''Whatever. They're getting here at 5:00, by the way. And if you run into Quentin at practice, will you tell him he's doing a really great job with his chapter reports on "Les Mis"?''
''That's good. Now if only he could figure out his jump shot. I'll see ya.''

Nathan looks over at me,''You're supposed to breath in between bites chipmunk.''

''Biithg em.''

''What?''

''Bite me.'' I repeat, swallowing my food.

''Hey, knock, knock. ''

''Hey, foxy, what's up?'' Peyton looked up.