I Shall Believe

I hated this

I hated this. I hated the dark. I hated not knowing what was happening to me, or to Lucas. All I knew is that it's black and sometimes I can hear the voices of the ones I love. I knew that either mom, Brooke or Jake were always here. I know that I haven't heard Haley, Nate or Uncle Keith. I know that I want to wake up, but my eyes feel so heavy and won't budge. I know that there is something on my right leg and that I can't move. I know there's a tube going down my throat, which feels awful.

''Hey, baby.''

I know that voice is Jake's.

''Jenny misses you, granted you've only been out a day and a half. Your Uncle Keith feels terrible, but he can't come see you.... Your mom said he couldn't, turns out he had been drinking before you guys left.''

Oh poor Uncle Keith... I wonder how's he holding up.

''But, he's fine. He's just worried for you and Luke. Speaking of Luke, he's in the room next door, Your mom, Brooke and Peyton are over there....''

Of course Peyton was there.

''I don't really know what else to say, so I'm just going to set here and hold you hand... I'm here for you Blake. Please wake up soon.''

Again, I tried to open my eyes, move my hand, anything. Nothing happened. I growled in my head, this was pissing me off. Within minutes though I drifted back to unconsciousness.

"Blake, sweetie. Mommy's here.''

Mom. I can hear you.

''I love you honey... But you and your brother are both grounded for getting tattoos.'' She let out a small laugh.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

''I officially met Jake, he seems like a nice kid... He had to go home and watch Jenny, though he wanted to stay. I can tell he really loves you baby... Now I don't know what's going on with Lucas and Peyton, but I know it's going to break Brooke's heart. You need to wake up so we can gossip honey.''

Mom let out a soft sob.

''I can't lose you or Lucas. The two of you are my whole world, I'd die without you.''

Don't cry mama, we'll be fine. I promise.

''I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I can't go see Luke, not after our argument. I can't believe my two best friends are in the hospital and I'm worried about a stupid fight I had with Lucas.''

Haley. It's okay Hales, Luke could never stay mad at you.

I could feel that the tube was taken from my throat, which I was happy about.

''Plus he was right. Nate said he was using me to get back at Luke at first. God.''

Nathan really likes you Haley; even if getting back at Luke was his first intention.

''I actually fell for him, Nathan.... You know you're a good listener when you're in a coma.'' Haley sighed.

If I could laugh I would have.

''I'm kidding. I need advice. I NEED you to wake up.''

I felt Haley grab my hand.

I was in a wreck woman, give me time to feel better, then I'll wake up.

"Hey, B. I'm sorry it took me awhile to come see you. I screwed up with Haley. She was one of the best things that ever happened to me, and I screwed it up. You have to wake up, because I really need my sister. You were the start of this new life for me. You changed me for the better and I need you to wake up. I need you to talk to me. I need you to make a sound or a twitch, something. I need you and so does Lucas. He woke up you know, awhile ago.''

Lucas is up? He's okay. I had to see him, I had too.

"N-Nate.'' I croaked.

''Blake?! Jake! Wake up.''

My eyes open and I saw that Nate was shaking Jake awake. Jake's eyes connected with mine and he rushed toward me.

''You're up.''

''Water.'' I breathed.

Jake lifts my head as Nate pours water into my mouth.

''How do you feel sis?'' Nate asks.

''Like hell.'' I sigh.

''Want me to go get a doctor?'' Nate asked.

''I wanna go see Luke. I have to....Steal me a wheel chair?'' I asked.

''I don't think you should be moving. You have a broken leg, and you died.'' Nate states with an face..

''Twice, you died twice and they had to bring you back.'' Jake studies me and grabs my hand.

I gave him a small smile, wincing as I move.

"P-please...''

''How about I go get Karen? We can ask if they can put you and Luke in the same room.'' Jake kisses my head before leaving the room.

I look up at Nathan with a small smile.

''About Haley, she'll forgive y-you. She lo-ves you.''

''Thanks B. I'm gonna go tell Hales that you and Luke woke up.''

Nathan leans down to peck my forehead before heading toward the door.

''Nate?'' I stop him.

''Yeah?''

''I love you little brother.''

Nate grins at me, "I love you too.'' 

Mom rushes in and over towards me.

''My baby girl.'' Mom kisses all over my face.

''M-om, how was I-Italy?''

Mom scoffs in disbelief, "All i get is a how was Italy?''

''I'm glad you're back mama.''

''Me too, sweetie. Now I talked to the Dr. about you and Luke sharing a room, they're going to move you in a bit.''

''O-okay.''

"Luke! If I could h-hug you, I would.'' I beam, having finally get to see my twin.

The nurses wheel my bed over beside Luke's.

"Give me your hand then.''

Luke reaches his arm out and grabs my hand.

''I'm glad your okay twin.''

''I'm glad you're okay too.'' He smiles.

I wave at Brooke, who came and hugged me as Haley came and sat on Luke's bed.

''Hey buddy. I missed you.'' Luke states with a small smile.

Haley nodded as she laid her head on Luke's chest and crieds. And just like that, everything was okay....well almost everything.