A Kiss to Build a Dream On

"So, Uncle Skills, it's been a month, and you still haven't talked to miss Lauren

"So, Uncle Skills, it's been a month, and you still haven't talked to miss Lauren." Jamie looks up at Skills as we wait for all the kids to show up for practice.

"Hey, ask her to the dance tonight." Kayson suggests.

"I'm good."

"Just trying to hook a brother up."

"Wait, so all you guys got dates to the dance?"

"not me." Andre shrugs, "Q always said, "don't bring sand to the beach."

"Is the dance at the beach?" Merida tilts her head.

"What about you, J. Luke?"

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Madison." Jamie smiles at the girl.

"Hey, Jamie."

"Madison, you're late. One lap around the park. Go."

"I bet Jamie's gonna ask Madison." Chuck smirks.

Chuck being the bully of Jamie's year.

"No, I'm not."

"Chuck, Andre, no teasing. One lap around the park. Go." I comment squinting at the boys.

"I thought you were feeling Madison."

"Well, I'm not gonna be the only guy at the dance with a date. Besides, you said all women are no good."

"No, I said nanny Deb was no good."

" Is there anything you don't remember? Genius."

"I'm going with Merida tonight." Keith grins as he and Merida held hands.

"Merida doesn't count. You two been joined at the hip since she showed up... if you want Jamie I can ask Andre or Chuck to the dance." Kayson says smiling at her cousin.

"I thought you were going with Tucker... the boy who pulls your hair." Skills looks at her.

"Uncle Tommy and Jack said that if a boy really likes you they won't be assholes and pull your hair. So I said no."

"don't say asshole baby."

"What about you B, you taking someone?"

"I think Kam and I are going together. Mikey has the night shift and Toms with Jack visiting his mom. You can make our duo into a trio if you want."

"Oh, man. This is killing me." Jamie frowns watching Chuck dance with Madison.

"At least the punch is good." Skills says handing Kam and I a cup.

"Look how cute Merida and Keith are." I fawn snapping a picture.

"Would you like to dance jamie?" I ask my nephew.

"how lame will I be if I only dance with my aunt? No offense."

"None taken." I make a face as Kam pats my shoulder.

"Come on Jamie. I'll make Chuck dance with me, so you can have a dance with Madison."

Kayson yanks Jamie after her.

"K. Scott, the ultimate wingman." Skills grins nodding his head.

"Let's go dance." Kam announces as he pulls me away.

"Look our babies are all growing up." I croon, "Skills really is becoming an adult."

my eyes scan over the dance floor from Merida and Keith to Jamie and Madison to Kayson and Chuck, who haven't killed each other yet.

"Yeah he is. Bout time he asked Lauren to dance. Have you tried this?"

"Yes... we donated all of the food Kam."

"We should really get a plaque or something."

"chase?"

I held my phone to my ear as I walked into the hall.

"Hey. I screwed up with Mia."

"this soon?"

"Shut up."

"what'd you do?" "She found out i lost my virginity to Brooke."

"How were you supposed to bring that up?"

"Exactly!"

"I mean, you're gonna have to go talk to her and tell her about it."

"Obviously."

"And while you're at it, may as well tell her we used to bang."

"I was afraid you'd say that."

"I mean you don't have to tell her I was the best you ever had though."

"Funny."

"But true."

"Goodbye dork."