Conflict

That night , the members of SEES gathered in the dorm , with the exception of Minako and Akihiko . The events of that night were still looming over them , and they wondered if the whole ordeal was nothing but a nightmare .

Ken was the one who seemed the most distraught about the situation . Shinjiro was shot down , and the public treated the whole incident as an accident , just as how it happened with his mother . Was that what Shinjiro meant , when he said he would end up like him ?

The silence in the dorm was unbearable , and yet no one seemed to have the courage to break it . Except for Minato , who approached Ken and started " Ken , I have a question for you ... "

Just then , the front door of the lounge was opened , and both Minako and Akihiko entered the dorm . Everyone rushed to them , with one question that united them all ...

" How is Shinjiro ? "

" he's .... alive ... "

Akihiko replied in a stiff tone without looking at his team , while Minako remained silent . Even though he was indeed alive , he didn't seem like one at all . Even with all of those machines sustaining his life , he was still so close to death . Minako could feel the tears filling her eyes again , so she brushed past her team and made her way to her room .

" you're going nowhere " Minato held her by the wrist sternly " since everyone's here , there's something I'd like to discuss "

" can't ... can't it wait ?! " Minako looked at Minato and behind him everyone else , she was crying

" no ! " Minato was having none of it , and he sternly replied " the sooner I get this straight with everyone , the better it is for everyone "

" it's all my fault ! " Fuuka bursted into tears as she saw Minako crying " when Ken told me that he couldn't participate in the battle that night ... I ... "

" it's not your fault . If anyone should've realized it , it should've been me . I was aware of the events that took place that night two years ago , and yet ... " Mitsuru stopped and covered her mouth with her hand as she tried to prevent herself from crying .

" it's nobody's fault , and there's no point dwelling on the past " Akihiko replied firmly " Shinji is still alive , and he could regain his consciousness at any moment . How would he feel about his team sulking behind him ? "

" Akihiko ... " Mitsuru looked at Akihiko with surprise and admiration

" before we stop dwelling , we need to get something straight ! " Minato angrily interrupted Akihiko " if we ignore the past we'll repeat the same mistakes all over again , and then we'll have another Shinjiro wrestling with death in our team ! "