Hope

Yukari had just arrived at the dorm that day , when Mitsuru approached her and asked if they could talk in private

Yukari had just arrived at the dorm that day , when Mitsuru approached her and asked if they could talk in private. The two of them decided to meet in the computer room , and immediately made their way there . Mitsuru remained silent for a while , and Yukari wondered if she wanted to talk about her decision .

" our conversation ... a few days ago ... what Minato said had me thinking ... " Mitsuru hesitantly broke the silence " he really cared about us ... didn't he ? It was his decision , his responsibility , he could just decide to kill Ryoji or fight Nyx , but he chose to wait for our response ... "

" what are you trying to say , senpai ? " Yukari asked worriedly , as she noticed the depressed and guilty look on Mitsuru's face

" well , I don't know much about their life and how it was affected , by them harboring death inside them , as much as they knew of and cared about us . I thought you could tell me more about it , since you've spent more time with him ... "

" well ... the only thing I had known is that they lost their parents during the Dark Hour " Yukari felt the same guilt that Mitsuru was feeling " they don't like to talk about their life , and I never felt comfortable asking . I think they just prefer to look at the future ... "

" the future ... I wonder how much of that we have left ... "

" I know just one thing ... " Yukari said decisively " I'll fight ... I didn't come this far just back down . I can't say I understand everything that Ryoji had said , but I've been fighting without understanding for a long time ... as long as I know what I'm fighting for , and as long as I have our leaders to fight by my side , I can take on anything... "

" I'll fight , too ... " Mitsuru nodded firmly " the Kirijo group brought this disaster upon mankind , and threw the lives of many into jeopardy , especially our two leaders . We've been making strides to redeem ourselves and undo the damage we've done to the world , and forfeiting the fight would betray all that effort "

" yes ... we will fight , together ! "

" but we're fighting the impossible ... " Mitsuru said worriedly " aren't you scared of losing ? Of death ? "

" I've always been , senpai " Yukari smiled reassuringly " I've always been scared of the Dark Hour , of evokers , of the shadows . However , with everyone around me fighting by my side , I found the courage to keep fighting . Even if Nyx can't be defeated , I can endure anything as long as I know I'm not alone ... "

" well said , Yukari ... " Mitsuru smiled back , but then she was distracted by her phone suddenly ringing , so she apologized to Yukari before picking it up . However , as she spoke on the phone , her tone seemed to change " hello ... yes ... how's she coming along ? ... what ?! You have to find her ! "

" what is it ? " Yukari asked worriedly as Mitsuru ended the conversation

" it's Aigis ! The team responsible for her maintenance just told me that she'd disappeared !! "