The Future

It was a peaceful morning outside , the sun was shining brightly through the window . After the heavy rain in the day before yesterday , the weather outside was welcomingly cool . Minato woke up by Aigis's voice , and he saw his sister combing her hair in front of the window .

" rise and shine , sleepy head " Aigis said in her robotic voice

" Minako taught you that , didn't she ? " Minato stared at Aigis with a dumb expression

" affirmative " Aigis nodded , then she stood up " I shall give you time to prepare for school , please do not be late "

" see you downstairs , Ai-san ! " Minako said to Aigis as she left the room , before turning to her brother " it's such a beautiful day outside , isn't it ? "

" yeah , it sure is " Minato looked out the window " it's such a relief to be so close to the end ... we explored Tartarus all the way to the top , and tomorrow we're finally defeating the last shadow and ending the Dark Hour once and for all "

" the Dark Hour ... huh ... " Minako stared at the road out from the window " our life has been centered around that time ever since we returned to Iwatodai ... I can't imagine how our life will be after this is all over "

" it won't be long now "

" yeah , in two days the Dark Hour will be no more , the world will know peace , and Shin-chan will recover soon " Minako said as she smiled to the beautiful scene outside " I was really worried that he wouldn't survive long enough for me to end the Dark Hour , but it won't be long now before we win the final battle and end the Dark Hour ... right ? "

" of course " Minato nodded with a content smile on his face

" thank God ... " Minako whispered as she walked away from the window

" I still can't believe MINAKO IS ALIVE !!! " Yuko screamed just as she was about to enter the monorail

" my ears ... " Rio sighed , then she turned to Minako " but I'm still glad that you're back , we were all really worried about you , especially Minato "

" eh ? My brother ? " Minako replied " I mean ... of course he'd be worried ... "

" there's no word powerful enough in the dictionary to describe his anxiety that day " Yuko started " I tried to ask him how you were doing on the day you were hospitalized , but he was so shocked he couldn't even respond ! Then when Kirijo senpai told the school that you had passed away , he stormed out of the school even with a teacher calling him ! "

" I don't think Minato would appreciate us talking behind his back " Rio sighed

" I'm really sorry that I got you all so worried "

" how exactly did that happen , anyway ? Did you identify the deranged terrorist who shot you down ? "

" the ... the terrorist ? " Minako realized that what happened her was during the Dark Hour , so public interpretation was very different from what happened " uh ... yeah ... I guess that was a terrorist ... "