Shinjiro Aragaki - Part 4

Shinjiro found himself in the back alley of Tatsumi Port island , under a hauntingly full moon . The world around him was an absolute chaos to put it lightly , with Akihiko and Mitsuru lying on the ground and excessively bleeding , and behind him a kid was weeping on his mother's lifeless body .

" Shin-chan ? What's going on ? Did you do ... that ... ?! "

Minako's voice shocked Shinjiro , and he turned around to see her standing below a street light , staring at him .

" you ... killed them ... ? "

Minako ! Wait ! That's not what ...!

" Persona "

Shinjiro called Castor , which then charged at Minako with a destructive force . Shinjiro was horrified , it was like he wasn't in control of his actions , and he wondered if he had lost his control over his Persona again .

" no ! Wait ! Aragaki senpai ! "

Minako's screams were haunting as she was struck down by Castor ...

" Aragaki senpai ! Hang in there ! I'll go get help ! "

Shinjiro woke up to Minako standing from the ground by his side and dashing toward the door , but when she saw that he had recovered , she stood still by the door and was staring at him .

" Aragaki senpai ... what's happening to you ? " Minako approached him cautiously

" what ... happened ? "

" after ... after you told me ... your answer ... you began coughing violently and then passed out "

" I see ... " a pained expression appeared on Shinjiro's face

" so ... you don't want us to be friends ... probably not even ... acquaintances ... was it ... was it something ... I said ?"

Minako seemed to be fighting back the tears , and Shinjiro could only look at her and lament the situation . How much had she been crying tonight because of him ? This just continued to affirm his choice more and more .

" it's not you ... it's me ... "

" yeah , right ... " Minako shook her head " they all ... they all say that ... tell me ... what really happened ... "

" do you really want to know ? The truth ... it's very painful ... "

" if I don't know why you don't want me with you ? Then ... I'll continue to blame myself for what happened ... Please , just give me a reason , so I would understand what I did wrong , and maybe not repeat the same thing again ... "

" it is me ... the way I am ... I could never be with you , or with anyone ... " Shinjiro averted his gaze from Minako's " I'm ... I'm sick ... "

" ... sick ? " the expression of Minako's face changed to that of a shocked and scared face " what .... what do you ... mean ? "

" I ... I don't have much time left in this world ... my death is approaching . The only reason I joined you was ... because I wanted to be ... of significance .... in my final days ... "