Demifiend

" death's vastness holds no peace ... I come at the end of the long road ... neither a human ... nor a demon ... all bend to my will ... "

The twins opened their eyes to find themselves in the velvet room , but they couldn't find their voice to ask any questions

The twins opened their eyes to find themselves in the velvet room , but they couldn't find their voice to ask any questions . In the velvet room there was Igor , Elizabeth and Theodore . However , something about them seemed very very different . They didn't look the twins in the eye , and they kept their expression in the shadow . Frankly , the whole velvet room was a miss . Instead of the ascending elevator it always had been , the elevator had stopped and so was the clock that was hanging on the wall .

" I've been waiting for you ... it has been a long time since I summoned you in your dreams " Igor spoke " I have a question for you , have you been using your powers wisely ? "

The twins tried to speak , but their voices weren't coming out .

" I believe we had a discussion about summoning a Persona that the user cannot control , and the consequences that befall that . However , as the time passed , you continued to call powerful Personas , even more than one at times . This is putting a lot of stress over your body and mind "

" wait ! So you're saying this illness that we're suffering from ... ! " Minato finally found his voice

" it is caused by you passing the limit of what your body can harbor "

" no way ! " Minako was the next to talk " when that happened to us the first time , we passed out and we're brought here ! "

" an undeniable truth is that you have been growing in strength throughout the months you spent here , and as you progressed in strength , you could sustain your consciousness while calling powerful Personas . A feat that was never witnessed in this velvet room since the beginning of time . I must say I am most fascinated by your potential , but as the velvet residents continued to observe your growth , we noticed that your body is weakening and the effect of calling a powerful Persona is debilitating on the long term "

" this ' illness ' of which you speak is the climax " Theodore said in a lifeless tone

" so when we recover from it , we'll—" Minako started

" there is no recovering from this illness " Elizabeth said " you are past the breaking point . We don't know how long can life be sustained in your state , but it is only a matter of time before you succumb to the pain and die "

" what ?! " Minako cried

" now hold on a second—! " Minato interrupted fiercely

" if you are blaming us for this situation , master , please consider that we warned you of the consequences ... "

" I'm ... I'm not ! It was our choice to pass the limit , I get it ! And yet you're the ones watching our growth , shouldn't you have come up with something that could help us ?! "