Midnight stroll - Part 3

Following Aigis's lead , the team entered the new block once again . Dread was filling their hearts , and for once Minato wasn't the only one scared by the darkness , as at any moment , the F.O.E of this block could come out of nowhere and separate them again . For a while , though , they traversed the first few floors without encountering the F.O.E . Shadows would appear and try to trap or separate them , but that was nothing they couldn't handle . The tension was starting to be relieved when they climbed to a new floor .

" there's a little  girl on this floor ! " Fuuka called them

" a little girl ?! " Yukari exclaimed " we have to save her ! "

" wait ! " Fuuka stopped them " something is wrong ! This floor ... there is nothing in it , besides that girl ! "

" what ?! " Minako cried " you mean there are no shadows here ?! "

" that only happened once before ... " Minato said with a grim tone " and at that time , we were ambushed by a Reaper ! "

" but you annihilated it , right ? " Ken asked " back when Strega tried to use it to wipe us out , you defeated them and the Reaper , right ? "

" I ... I can sense it ! " Fuuka anxiously said " the Reaper is getting closer ! "

" maybe there is more than one Reaper " Mitsuru suggested " just like how sometimes there is more than one F.O.E of a kind "

" I don't even want to think about fighting more than one Reaper " Yukari shook her head in dismay

" we have no time for that ! We have to rescue that little girl , as she could join the lost at any moment ! "

Fighting off the Reaper was incredibly difficult for SEES , as the only Personas capable of fighting it back were Orpheus Telos and Orpheus Picaro , both of which were already used once . However , not a single person among them could leave this floor , knowing that a little girl was lost in it , especially with the Reaper in here , so they steeled their resolve , and decided to walk into the jaws of death .

The members of SEES hurried through the corridors of Tartarus , with the sound of chains being dragged on the ground haunting them with every step they took

The members of SEES hurried through the corridors of Tartarus , with the sound of chains being dragged on the ground haunting them with every step they took . What made the situation even worse for them was the intricate contraptions and traps that block had for them , which slowed them down and helped the Reaper catch up to them even faster .

" this is bad ! " Yukari exclaimed anxiously " at this rate , we could get trapped in one place with the Reaper ! "

" honestly , I'm just thankful there are no shadows in this floor " Junpei sighed " imagine them ganging up on us and trapping us , or maybe separating us , as if the Reaper wasn't threatening as it is ! "

" wait , that's it ! " Minato yelled " we might be able to slow down the Reaper , or get it off of our tail entirely if we can trap it in one room "