RED AND BLUE - Part II

" thinking back ... She always had my back... she always gave me the extra push I needed to move forward ...when I was a kid , it was always her who protected me . Before the accident , I wasn't aware of it . However , when I learned that she needs me to be strong , I was doing a pathetic job at that ... For the first few months since our parents passed away , it would take my all just to hold my tears in ... I hated myself for it , and I wanted to change ... "

" auntieauntieauntieauntie !!! " Minako came charging in from the front door as soon as she arrived at her aunt's house , and jumped into her aunt's embrace excitedly

" woah ! Woah ! Someone's is excited ! " her aunt laughed at Minako ecstatic face " what happened ? "

" The exam results , auntie , that's what ! " Minako exclaimed " me and Minato got the highest mark in our class !!! "

" really ?! That's awesome ! I'm so proud of you ! "

" and Shoya hot the highest mark in his class , too ! " Minako rejoiced " it's all thanks to you , auntie ! "

" I'm home ... " Minato entered the house , followed by Shoya

" oh , Mint-chan , you're back ! Congratulations on getting the highest mark in the exams ! "

" oh ... um ... yeah , thanks ! " Minato smiled appreciatively , then he looked around and asked " um ... where's uncle ? "

" hey , bro bro , maybe you weren't paying attention ... " Minako held her brother's shoulders " you got the highest mark in class , do you see what that means ?! We must celebrate ! "

" well ... yeah ... but ... uh ... "

" no buts , ifs and ... whatever else you may use to object here ! "

" oh ... there's certainly a lot of commotion here " their uncle said as he stood at the front door

" we got the highest marks in our classes , uncle ! " Minako yelled as she rushed to her uncle and hugged his thighs " we're the best in Sakura school ! "

" that's amazing ! You remind me of myself when I was your age ! "

" Mi-chan wants to celebrate this occasion " her aunt knew what Minako was thinking

" I see ... " their uncle looked at the children , with Minako's sparkling and anticipating eyes standing out the most , and he nodded " I'll talk about it with your aunt , and we'll decide the appropriate reward for you "

" yay ! I can't wait to hear it ! "

" but if I caught you eavesdropping on our conversation , consider the reward gone "

" don't worry , my lips are sealed ! " Minako nodded joyfully

" I think you mean ' ears ' ... " Minato commented