Maiko Oohashi - Part 1

Walking back from school , the twins found themselves reluctant to spend their time in any crowd , be it the dorm , the school clubs , their friends or people they were acquainted with . The thought of the approaching end , the idea of having to decide how humanity will meet their end , they couldn't just shrug it all off and pretend nothing was happening . The two of them walked alongside Iwatodai mall , around them the ground and the walls were filled with messy scribbles and posters about ' the salvation ' . It was a sickening sight , it was like the world was embracing the thought of succumbing to the end . What is the point of saving a world that wants to be destroyed ?

 What is the point of saving a world that wants to be destroyed ?

A soft laughter interrupted those dark thoughts . It was Maiko , the little girl they had met at the shrine . She was happily jumping in front of the Takoyaki shop , and beside her stood a pale and tired looking man who seemed so neglected that he didn't even bother to button up his shirt . The little girl's face shone with joy and excitement when she noticed the twins , and as their eyes met she quickly ran to them .

" Cosmos ! Null ! You're here !!! " she joyfully said

" she's still calling us that ... "  Minako giggled as she knelt  down to hug Maiko who came rushing toward them , then she noticed the pale guy approaching them " is that your friend ? "

" yes ! It's Mr. Stripped Shirt ! " Maiko turned to the pale man and introduced him to the twins , saying " Mr. Stripped Shirt , those are Cosmos and Null ! They saved me from a nightmare I had , they're my heroes ! "

" imagination " Minato whispered , and the man nodded with a smile " I'm Minato Arisato , and this is my sister , Minako "

" I'm Akinari Kamiki " the man said with a tired voice " it's nice to meet you ... "

" are you okay ? " Minako asked with concern " you sound tired ... "

" well ... " the man looked at Maiko , before smiling to the twins " I stayed up last night , playing Eternal Crusaders Nexus Cross "

" oh ! Oh ! Mr. Stripped Shirt , you play Eternal Crusaders ?! " the girl happily exclaimed

" yeah ... and you most definitely played it last night ? " Minato said seriously

" yes ... " the man said quietly with a strangely emotionless smile on his face , then he turned to Maiko who was excitedly staring at him " I'll tell you all about it later . For now , I should return ... "

" what ? But ... but I want to ... "

" you can wait a little , right , Kamiki-san ? " Minako started

" actually , you can leave ... " Minato instead replied , as he realized what the man meant . He also turned to Maiko " you don't want Mr. Stupid Shirt to get in trouble ? "

" Stripped Shirt , Null ! It's Stripped Shirt ! " Maiko exclaimed , then she thought for a second before saying " fine , but next time we'll talk about Eternal Crusaders, okay ?! "