A trip to Niseko - Part 1

" what ... ? "

Everyone in the dorm stared at Minako in confusion , even her brother . It was early in the morning when she blurted out an excited " let's visit Niseko ! " out of the blue . It was so surprising and unexpected that a few of them choked on their own drinks and food , and when they regained their composure , Minako repeated the question again nearly causing them to choke again .

" Ni—what now ? " Minato asked doubtfully

" what ?! How can you actually live in Japan , and not know what Niseko is ?! It's a town with a great ski resort ! "

" I'm pretty sure the town has other things as well ... but where did this idea come from all of a sudden ? " Yukari asked

" Well , I definitely agree ! " Junpei eagerly agreed " then you will see why they used to call me the blizzard wolf ! "

" you do realize we have a little over a week before the final battle , right ? " Shinjiro ignored Junpei and  glared at Minako " a trip will cost us two or four days !"

" a-duh ! Of course ! Why do you think I made this suggestion now ?! " Minako exclaimed " this is our chance to have some fun memories together , so we will be ready to fight Nyx without thinking about things that we couldn't do ! "

" it's very thoughtful , but I'll pass ... " Akihiko sighed " the trip to Kyoto was more than enough for me "

" oh yeah ... come to think of it , you got dragged into—" Shinjiro started , much to the terror of Akihiko , Minato and Minako

" ahahaha ! Here , Shin-chan ! " Minako hastily shoved a mouthful of omelette in his mouth " what do you think of my cooking ? "

" ... into signing all those autographs ... yeah , that was a drag " Minato continued while Minako kept Shinjiro occupied " sorry , senpai , they kept pestering me "

" it's ... it's okay ... " Akihiko mumbled quietly

" well ... our trip to Kyoto was ... lively... " Fuuka said gently " but I still had fun ... I would love to go on another trip with everyone"

" yeah , I agree . I've never been to a ski resort before , let alone skiing , I would love to do that now " Yukari nodded eagerly

" that will be difficult , especially since school is already started " Mitsuru said sternly , but then as she saw the grim look on everyone's face , she smiled and nodded " that being said , I suppose as the student council president , I can arrange something with the faculty office " and everyone cheered in response.

Surprisingly , the next day , the members of SEES were riding the bus with everyone else to Niseko. Apparently , the teachers were discussing the possibility of rearranging the culture festival for their school , but seeing as the weather wasn't improving , and the Apathy syndrome in Iwatodai was becoming more and more rampant , they decided to arrange a school trip somewhere admittedly with less cases of Apathy syndrome instead . However , not exactly everything went according to plan . For instance Minako was excited to talk with Shinjiro during and about their road trip , but to her dismay each class had its own bus , and she would sit next to Minato .