To be alive - Part 1

It was the end of another long day . The twins had to stay behind because they were on cleaning duty . By the time they were leaving , the sun was sinking into the sea before them as the monorail passed by the sea . The monorail was empty , making them feel even more lonely in the world . To them , their life was now a box of matches in the darkness , and with each day they burn a match until they run out .

" I think ... " Minato looked around , and as he saw that no one was in the same cart with them , he muttered quietly " I think I'll use that power , after all "

" No ! " Minako angrily turned and had him face her " we made a promise ! "

" And now I'm telling you that I don't plan on ... "

Minako placed her hand on Minato's mouth , her gaze dropped to the ground , and she began crying . At that point , what little resolve Minato had was dashed away . Slowly , Minako let go of his mouth , but he still couldn't talk .

" Minato ... Don't you think this is enough ... Don't you think we've suffered enough for all of this ?! " She wept " our parents died during the Dark Hour ,our loved ones died because of Death that was sealed inside us , and we had to fight in the Dark Hour for nearly a year , getting closer and closer to death with every night ! Isn't that enough ?!! "

" If you want to end your suffering , why didn't you choose to kill Ryoji ? "

" That's ... That's different ! " Minako looked at Minato anxiously , and stammered to explain herself " B—besides ... I was always scared of fighting Nyx , and I'm still scared ! I just ... I thought ... be it victory or death ... We'll face it together ... Why must it be just the two us who sacrifice themselves ?!! Why couldn't it be ... Literally anyone else ?!! "

" Minako ... "

" Seriously ... Did I just say that ... ? " Minako grieved " was I always this selfish ? "

" Minako ... I'm sorry ... " At that point , Minato's eyes were filled with tears , and it was taking every fiber of his being not to start crying

" Don't apologize ... Just ... No more sacrifices ... Please ... "

Fuuka rose her head from the screen of the computer , unable to focus on anything

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Fuuka rose her head from the screen of the computer , unable to focus on anything . She looked outside , thinking of going out for a walk , but it was already nighttime , and the snow was falling heavily . It was definitely not the right time to walk outside . Fuuka sighed and made her way to leave her room , but just as she reached the handle , someone knocked on the door from the other side . Fuuka gently opened the door , and was met with Yukari's hesitant face .

" oh ... good evening ... " Yukari replied " I'm not bothering you , am I ? "

" no ... I was just leaving my room ... " Fuuka sighed " being alone is so suffocating , I was hoping for a change of pace ... "

" right , then do you mind if we talked ? " Yukari invited her to sit in the hall by the stairs on one of the small chairs in the center

" oh ... certainly ... what do you want to talk about ? "