Velvet confrontation - Part 1

The twins were in so much pain , as their consciousness faded and muddled up , and the anxious voices around them grew more distance , mixed and unrecognizable . The noises they were hearing grew quieter and weaker as time passed , until they were completely silent .

When silence governed their hearing , their consciousness began returning to them slowly amd steadily . As their vision cleared up , they found themselves back in the velvet room together . However , something was different . The room was significantly darker than before , and the residents of the room were oddly obscured and hazy behind the darkness . They could see that Igor , Theodore and Elizabeth were in the room , but they couldn't focus on their faces . The room was ascending at an accelerating pace , and the clock was moving at a much faster rate , so much so that the hour hand was moving in seconds , and the minute hand was moving at a much faster rate . Before they could understand what that meant , Igor suddenly began speaking ...

" welcome to the velvet room, my young guests "

The light in the room just grew a little brighter for the twins to see their surroundings

The light in the room just grew a little brighter for the twins to see their surroundings . While the residents of the velvet room were still obscured in the darkness , the twins could see a familiar piece of parchment on the round table before Igor . It was the contract that they had signed on their first night in Iwatodai , in which they promised to remain responsible for their decisions and choices . However , they couldn't find their voice to speak , so they couldn't ask about anything .

" Last night , you have made an important decision " Igor said grimly " a decision that will define the fate of humanity , and the conclusion of their reign over the world . Have you thought , even for a second , about your decision ?"

" We did ... " Minato replied , finally finding his voice back the moment Igor asked them a question .

" We were given an entire month , and we thought this through in more ways than one ! " Minako continued eagerly " we're going to fight Nyx , and we're going to win back our future ! "

" Were you not told that this entity is undefeatable ? "

" We were , but we still made that choice " Minato answered " the only ones who would decide if she can be defeated or not is us ! "

" That ... is irrational ... " Igor buried his head in the back of his hands " you say that you thought the situation through for an entire month , but you've never once come to us to ask about Nyx . Why ?"

It was at that moment that the twins were robbed of their confidence . Minako had been thinking of what would the velvet residents say about their situation , and Minato had actually walked up to the velvet room and nearly asked them many times , but what exactly stopped them from taking that one extra step forward ?

" I ... Well ... That's just ... " Minato stuttered

" We ... Were ... We were scared ... " Minako admitted " we wanted to ask , but we were scared of the answer . What if you said that Nyx truly can't be defeated , and you are the ones who helped us understand our powers . If you said that battle can't be won , we would've despaired even more ! "