The tower of demise - Part 2

The members of SEES stopped as they heard the haunting sound of the explosion behind them . They all knew what Jin did back there , but they also couldn't stop . It was unfair , for such a human being to waste his life in such a way . However , they also knew that the fate for Strega was sealed the moment they forcefully awakened to their Persona .

In the end , they couldn't stop to think about his death , as the sound the tolling bells reminded them of the more imposing threat . The bells rang three times , making it clear that time was running out for them . They quickly tried to suppress any other thought , and focus on the battle ahead .

However , as they hurried forward , they found their path blocked yet again , this time by none other than Takaya . The shirtless man had a lifeless gaze in his eyes , and they wondered if he was even human at that point .

" the end is nigh ! It is a inevitability , or rather , it's the fate of all beings ! " Takaya said gravely " surely , after coming this far , even you would understand the futility of your actions "

" sorry , but we don't " Shinjiro grinned

" the end is upon us , you say ? Well , we will stop it here and now ! "

" your persistence ... it's an eyesore ... " Takaya glared at their determined eyes " you disgust me ! "

" you know what's disgusting ?! You're the disgusting one ! " Yukari yelled at him " you keep talking about futility without even trying to change your fate , you're a coward ! You hate us because we're doing something you're too weak to do ! "

" weak ? Coward ?! What do you understand about me ?! About ANYONE !!! " Takaya yelled furiously , and darkness emerged from him , pushing the others away and nearly throwing them off of the crystal on which they stood " my life was stole from me , and in a pathetic compensation , I was given a power I never asked for ! Strive for the future , fight for your life ... all these are hollow words that mean nothing ! Future is but a delusion , and that's why we welcome the arrival of Nyx ! Her descent is going to shine a light on the darkened and corrupted world in which we live ! "

" will you stop bullshitting already ?! " Junpei yelled impatiently " I'm not here busting my ass so you can have a freaking night-light ! "

" you think you have it tough ?! " Minato daringly continued " Each and every single one of us had their lives changed drastically because of the Dark Hour , sometimes to the extent that the bonds between us and our very families were torn apart ! You don't see us giving up on anything , do you ?! "

" the truth is what Yukari said , you gave up on trying to change anything " Minako eagerly said " as long as we draw breath , we mustn't stop doing our best , but you gave up ... ! "

" you talk as if I was the only one who's here waiting for Nyx's descent , when it's not my desire alone , it's the will of the universe ! " Takaya grinned " tell me , who's responsible of reviving Nyx ? Who is this hero whose sole purpose was to bring her back , and he did everything ? Is there one villain that you wretched SEES worked so hard to stop ? "