Tartarus - part 3

" respond ! Please ! "

Mitsuru kept trying to reach out to the twins . She was getting desperate when the communication finally connected " Mit-pai ! Do-come ! "

" Can you hear me ?! "

" I can't hear you very well ! " Minato's voice came " we've been walking through this floor for a while and we haven't encountered any shadow . Can you tell us-? "

" Listen ! There's no time ! Return to the first floor immediately ! "

" What ?! "

" There's a teleporter somewhere in that floor where you are , find it and use to return ! There's a dangerous shadow lurking in this floor ! You cannot defeat it ! No matter what , don't engage in a fight with it "

" ... Roger . Is my sis... Is Minako aware of that ? "

" I ... Yes , she is " Mitsuru lied , as she thought Minato wouldn't try to escape with his sister in danger "

" Okay . I'll be back soon "

As soon as the communication was dropped , Minako's voice came in a distorted and robotic way " senpai ! Can you hear me ?"

" Minako ! "

" I'm hearing chains being dragged around , can-tell-what is-that-? "

" Listen ! It's a dangerous shadow that you're no match for ! Look for a teleporter to bring you back to the first floor ! Under no conditions you are to attack that shadow directly ! "

" What-teleporter-like-? "

The communication dropped before any more explanation could have been made . Even worse , Minako didn't seem to be so sure what the teleporter looked like . Mitsuru collapsed on the ground " it's over ! There's nothing more we could do ... It's all in their hands now ... "

" Damn it ! " Akihiko gritted his teeth angrily

" senpai ? Senpai ? Can you hear me ? " Minako snooker head " the connection dropped "

" what's wrong , Minatan ? What did senpai say ? "

" she said there's a strong shadow nearby , and something about a teleporter... I think "

" a strong shadow , huh ? Don't worry , nothing you and me can't handle "

" hm ... I don't know , Junpei , senpai looked really worried . Let's quit while we're ahead "

" well , you're the leader . I was getting tired anyway " Junpei stretched his limbs " seriously though , walking through Tartarus wears you out way more than basically anything I'm used to "

The sound of the chains was getting louder and closer , and the air was getting heavier . Minako felt an immensely strong presence approaching them quickly . She immediately held Junpei's hand and started running in the opposite direction without saying a word . Junpei was confused and began asking her what she was doing . She pulled him into a corner and hissed " shh ! " before whispering " I think the strong shadow is onto us . Don't you feel it ? "