Minako Arisato - part 4

At the rooftop of Iwatodai dorm, below the menacing green moon of the Dark Hour , Ken stood at the edge of the rooftop . His eyes gazed at the horizon , as an endless flood of memories overwhelmed him . The days he spent with his mother , days that he used to desperately hold onto ever since she had died , but now they hurt him when he recall them , as he wondered what she would think of him . He would remember the happy days he spent with Minako , the only person who brought back the happiness he had lost when his mother died , then between those memories emerged a jarring one in which Minako was crying , and Minato was calling her out for trying to deceive herself into thinking Ken wasn't the cause of all of this , claiming that she blamed Ken more than he did .

She brought to him the happiness he had lost , and in return he robbed her of her happiness .

" all I wanted was to avenge the death of my mother ... " Ken wept in the silence of the night " I found myself blaming everything that went wrong in my life on Shinjiro-san ... I looked at him as an evil murderous thug who deserved to be punished ... does ... does Minako-san look at me like that now ?! "

Ken clutches the fence of the rooftop , before pulling himself up and standing on top of it . However , as he stood on the edge of a free fall from the rooftop of the dorm , and the cold wind blew throw him , his legs began shaking , and he fell backward into the roof . His heart was beating at his throat from the panic , and he found himself gasping and wondering what he was trying to do ...

" I've taken the road of killing before you , and if you decide to kill me , you'll inevitably walk that road and become just like me . Remember that "

Shinjiro's words echoed in his mind at that moment . At the time he had thought he meant Ken would be a murderer like him , because he viewed him as nothing but a killer , but now he wondered if Shinjiro was always in an eternal inner conflict between the thought of continuing to live and just end everything .

Minako was back in the dorm , as there was no way her brother would allow her to stay in Tartarus without a Persona

Minako was back in the dorm , as there was no way her brother would allow her to stay in Tartarus without a Persona . As she entered the dorm , she was met with the desolated sight of the dorm lounge . A place that was brimming with life and joy not long ago . It was there that Shinjiro cooked for them , it was there that he spent his time together with her , and it was there where she promised him she would fight to end the Dark Hour for him . Unconsciously , she began sobbing in the deafening silence.

" you look the best when you're smiling like that ... so don't cry ... okay ? Promise me " those words echoed in Minako's mind , bringing her further down

" you're such a troll ... " she wept , as she collapsed on the floor of the dorm , with Shinjiro's leather bound pocket watch held close to her chest " back when you made me say that , I had no idea everything would go so horribly wrong ! I tried to keep this promise ... really ... I did ... but who would've thought keeping a smile could be so difficult ?!! I promised I would fight for you to end the Dark Hour , but now I can't even call a Persona anymore ... I promised you that I wouldn't cry , but I can't hold back the tears anymore ... even though you're fighting to stay alive and keeping your promise to me  ... I broke every single promise I made for you ... I feel so weak ! "