Heart of the samuria

" clubs ? " Minato lazily averted his gaze from the sea to his sister

They were on their way to school as usual . The rays of slowly rising sun were reflected from the surface of the sea , and Minato's mind was drifting away at that calming sight .

" you're not listening to me , are you ? " Minako pouted

" why should we be interested in any club . The clubs we're interested in aren't in this school . Such a bummer when a school built on a man made island doesn't have a soccer or a cheerleading club"

" you want to join the cheerleading ... " Minako was about to make fun of her brother , but he pinched her in the cheeks so hard her cheek grew red

" a cheerleading club for you , smarty ! " he impatiently hissed at her

" well , Yukari told me there is a cheerleading club , they just don't accept new members at the moment . I was never into cheerleading anyway . The same might go for soccer , you know "

" either way , I can't join their club "

" it's typical that a video game geek like you won't even care about joining any active club ... "

" first , you love video games as much as I do even though you don't show it . In fact , you are more nostalgic when it comes to classic games than me , or do I need to take that old brick of a Gameboy you have ?"

" don't even think about it ! "

" second of all , I want soccer . If there is no soccer club , why should I bother with anything ? "

" but there are other awesome clubs like swimming club , kendo club ... and ... and ... "

While Minako was racking her brain for ideas , she noticed that a look of interest appeared on Minato's face " kendo ... huh ... I'd better pay them a visit ... "

" I'm so glad you decided to join ! " Minako happily clapped her hands " you're gonna have new friends and experience an interesting high school life , and let's not forget forging new social links , right ? But why a kendo club ? I think swimming...

" I'm so glad you decided to join ! " Minako happily clapped her hands " you're gonna have new friends and experience an interesting high school life , and let's not forget forging new social links , right ? But why a kendo club ? I think swimming was more interesting and straightforward "

" well , I thought I needed to hone my fighting skills . I am using a sword after all . Enough about me , what club are you gonna join , sis ? "

" eh ? "

" don't ' eh ' me , girl ! You went on and on about clubs since we left this morning and even told me about swimming and kendo club , but did you actually forget to get into a club yourself ? "

" of ... of course not ! I have a perfect idea of what club I want ! " Minako forced a defensive yet unconvincing lie

" well , if you do , then let's go together to the faculty office and ask them about the clubs "