Shinjiro Aragaki - Part 3

Ken was at the shrine . The sun had already sunken into the horizon , giving way for the night , and the dreaded full moon that was hovering on top of the city . Tomorrow , or the day after tomorrow , is going to be their clash with the full moon shadow . However , that was not on Ken's mind . He was at the shrine by himself praying , then he began talking to the soul of his mother . He was scared, but he tried to sound as firm and decisive as he could

" mom ... tomorrow is the anniversary of your death . I've spent the last couple of years just thinking about that night , but now I'm finally taking action . Your killer will not go unpunished , mom ! I'll make him pay ! In the same back alley that he killed you in in Tatsumi port island , in the very night that he ended your life ! I swear it ! "

Ken turned and walked away from the shrine , not noticing someone standing by the well out of sight .

" the back alley of Tatsumi port island ... interesting ... " the man left the shrine ...

The members of SEES gathered at the entrance of Tartarus , after the twins had received the alarming news from their assistants in the velvet room that a few people had wandered into Tartarus , and they immediately prepared to take action

The members of SEES gathered at the entrance of Tartarus , after the twins had received the alarming news from their assistants in the velvet room that a few people had wandered into Tartarus , and they immediately prepared to take action . However , among them , Ken couldn't make it today , as he was visiting the shrine until a late hour that night . For that reason , Minato decided to split the team in a different way , with him taking Aigis , Akihiko and Koromaru and leaving the rest for Minako to compensate for Ken's absence . Actually , Minato would have preferred more to not explore Tartarus tonight , but the full moon was upon them and they had to rescue whoever wandered into Tartarus before the night of the full moon lest they become preys for the shadows . Minato remembered to warn his sister that the shadows become aggressive when surrounding a prey , and they would do anything in their power to prevent Minako and her team from rescuing them .

Minako and her rather crowded team proceeded to explore the place and look for any lost people , and even though they had grown accustomed to the complex layout of this floor and its constant changing , it still doubled the time they spent exploring and backtracking and made the whole ordeal tedious . At the end of a corridor , Minako spotted a businessman crouching on the ground and clutching his head , and he seemed to be in great pain . However , contrary to Minato had warned her of , there were no shadows in the area .

" don't worry , sir " Minako approached him " I'll get you to ... wait ! What ?! "

" what is it ? " Yukari asked anxiously as she saw the concerned look on Minako's face

" that's ... that's Mr. Tanaka ! What's he doing here ?! "

" Tanaka ? As in the host of Tanaka's amazing commodities ? "

" that's not important , we need to get him out of here now " Mitsuru sighed

" watch it ! "

Shinjiro pushed Minako out of the way and blocked a giant humanoid bullhead that was charging at them with his axe . Minako looked around in shock and saw the shadows surrounding them , she quickly took out her evoker and called Parvarti , increasing the defense of her team to prepare them for the fight .